Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Active devices show as Inactive in xFi following XB6 install

New Poster

Active devices show as Inactive in xFi following XB6 install

I have 46 total devices in my home that connect to my Xfinity Gateway.  Prior to Friday, I had a DPC3941T gateway.  On Friday, I upgraded to Gigabit service and got the XB6.  Since then, about 30 of my devices show online in xFi, while the other 15 show as inactive, even when I am actively using them at home.  I tried to go through telephone support and just kept getting told the various wemo switches that show inactive were doing so because they were not actively uploading or downloading.  I knew that wasn't true though because the MANY other wemo switches I have were showing as active 24/7.  The devices that are inactive say so all the time, but their data usage graph has bars that show data usage each hour.  Attached is a screenshot showing one of my 4 NestCams, which uploads 1080p video constantly (unless I turn it off) to the cloud, as inactive right now, but using lots of data.  I can login to the camera, see the live feed, and yet xFi will show it as a constant inactive device.  Any help?

1.jpg
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation