Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

5 GHz network

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

5 GHz network

The xF1 modem was recently setup and the 2.4 GHz wifi network shows up a a choice but the 5 GHz does not. I thought I gave both a username and password but I only see the one. Is this a problem? Do I need the 2? Does it matter? Thanks

David

Accepted Solution

Re: 5 GHz network

I had the same problem. I went into the web portal and discovered that my 2.4 and 5g ssids were the same. I edited the 5g  (changed it to add 5g after the network name), hit save and that solved the problem. I can now see both the 2.4 and the 5g.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Somethings not right.  Do you see both here?

https://internet.xfinity.com/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Not all devices are made to work with/display the 5ghz connection. Also check that yours aren’t combined.

You have the X1 platform, say “my WiFi” with voice commands and you’ll see your wireless info

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks Andrew. I did "my wifi" and only 1 is displayed - my username with 2 after it which guess is the 2.4 GHz network. I thought I would also see one for the 5 GHz since gave the same username and password for that when setting up. But maybe it doesn't matter since everything seems to be working.

David

Regular Visitor

Robert, no I do not see both. Only see one with my username and the number 2 after it. I thought I should see one with a 5 after it also. Maybe this is not a problem since everything seems to be working but I am just curious why the 5 GHz isn't seen since I gave that the same username and password when setting up the xFi modem.

David

New Poster

I had the same problem. I went into the web portal and discovered that my 2.4 and 5g ssids were the same. I edited the 5g  (changed it to add 5g after the network name), hit save and that solved the problem. I can now see both the 2.4 and the 5g.

Regular Visitor

Thank you. Not sure what the web portal is and how to access it. If you could guiide me it would be greatly appreciated

New Poster

You have to go to the XFi Gateway's Admin Tool (http://10.0.0.1) to manage and change settings. Click on the http link and it should take you to the web browser. The default username is admin and the default password is password. Once you log in you can change the password to something more secure. The web portal allows you to manage and change settings on your Gateway. 

New Poster

Official Employee

Download the Xfinity Xfi app, it’ll take you a minute to edit your WiFi

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation