Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

5 GHZ light no longer comes on

Frequent Visitor

5 GHZ light no longer comes on

Something must have happened during the last 3 hours.   The 5 GHz light on the Arris TG1682 Gateway is no longer lit.   My iphone joined to the 5 GHz network, and I kept getting invalid password.  I restarted the gateway, and ony the 2.4 is lit.   I set my iphone to the 2.4 GHz network, with no problem, and tried the 5 GHz network, and it was able to connect.

Did Comcast tuen off the 5 GHz band on the gateway?    I checked the xFi app, and I defintely have two distinct SSID names and passwords.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Wayne

Service Expert

Re: 5 GHZ light no longer comes on

@schacht_w wrote:

Something must have happened during the last 3 hours.   The 5 GHz light on the Arris TG1682 Gateway is no longer lit.   My iphone joined to the 5 GHz network, and I kept getting invalid password.  I restarted the gateway, and ony the 2.4 is lit.   I set my iphone to the 2.4 GHz network, with no problem, and tried the 5 GHz network, and it was able to connect.

Did Comcast tuen off the 5 GHz band on the gateway?    I checked the xFi app, and I defintely have two distinct SSID names and passwords.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Wayne

Do you have a wifi device like a smart phone or tablet so you can chect to see if both SSID's are being broadcasted? (I assume you assigned separate SSID's for each band)

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation