Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5 (693 Views)

DVR Manager

I cannot use the DVR manager on my computer even though it is available in my area.  I have called 4 times today alone and been sent to every department available at Comcast and no one has any idea what to tell me.  I had a new DVR installed just last week and still it says on the Comcast Internet that they cannot

identify any DVR to use on my account.  Is there any way possible to get help????

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 5 (691 Views)

Re: DVR Manager

if you had an old dvr that was working and you got a new one you have to delete the old one from your account.   DVR manager only works in the motorola market, so please verify you have one of those boxes.   

Can you please post the model of your dvr?  your dvr has to be coded correctly to your account for that to work. 

at the top of this page click the tv tab.  on the next page you will see your profile on the top right.  click the down arrow make sure you zip code is set correctly and go through all the steps, one of them is to activate dvr manager.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 3 of 5 (681 Views)

Following your instructions, the message I get on my accounts page is that the DVR I have is not a compatible one. can you tell me the secret to getting them to provide the right one? This is a new DVR since the old one died. They installed a Cisco box. No good?
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 4 of 5 (679 Views)

You live in a cisco market.  As I stated in my response DVR manager is only available in the motorola market, motorola markets boxes and cisco market boxes are not compatible with each other, so unfortunately like the website says your box is not compatible.

Here is the list of eligible boxes.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/eligible-cable-boxes-cable-tv-app/

I can tell you this, the only time this comes in handy is if by some chance you are away from your dvr and need to set a recording.  My experience with it is I know what I record and I rarely find something new that I need to record in an emergency away from my home.

comcast is trialing it for your community though, but good news for your market is that you guys are getting the new guide with the multiroom dvr before anyone else.  Maybe you can take some solice in that.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 5 (677 Views)

I appreciate your help. Yes that does give me some solace as I enjoy having that option when I visit in Philly where they have that feature on Verizon Fios. I guess I just like to know that all the money I pay them each month gets me everything I can. LOL.