members

online now

discussions

Upgrade your Xfinity Player! message

Posted by
Edited on :
‎01-07-2013 10:29 AM

Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 7 of 16 (836 Views)

Upgrade your Xfinity Player! message

[ Edited ]

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Curb-Your-Enthusiasm/6134431674436671112/2123397170/Curb-Your-Ent...

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.91.7.131 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Tablet PC 2.0) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (152 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Sat Jan 5 17:38:44 EST 2013 Server Clock Time: Sat Jan 5 17:38:40 EST 2013

15 REPLIES
Highlighted
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 1 of 16 (999 Views)

Why do you keep deleting my posts?

Why do you keep deleting my posts?  I have tried twice to get support and you keep deleting my attempts. 

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 16 (976 Views)

Re: Why do you keep deleting my posts?

maybe you violated the forum posting rules.  What exactly are you trying to post?  try posting it nice and in the right thread.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 16 (947 Views)

jmcnichols wrote:

Why do you keep deleting my posts?  I have tried twice to get support and you keep deleting my attempts. 

Your posts were being deleted because of your username; which I changed.

What can I help you with?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 16 (926 Views)

There was nothing profane about my chosen user name, perhaps insulting, but as they say the truth is not slanderous.  So when I try to play online content from HBO it says I need a newer version of Xfinity player.  Where do you people hide this?  A search of your website turns up nothing.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 16 (882 Views)

jmcnichols wrote:

There was nothing profane about my chosen user name, perhaps insulting, but as they say the truth is not slanderous.  So when I try to play online content from HBO it says I need a newer version of Xfinity player.  Where do you people hide this?  A search of your website turns up nothing.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 16 (837 Views)

Just tell me where the software is, simple. Xfinity player that's all I need to have to watch the videos, your systems says so.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 8 of 16 (802 Views)

jmcnichols wrote:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Curb-Your-Enthusiasm/6134431674436671112/2123397170/Curb-Your-Ent...

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.91.7.131 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Tablet PC 2.0) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (152 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Sat Jan 5 17:38:44 EST 2013 Server Clock Time: Sat Jan 5 17:38:40 EST 2013

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 9 of 16 (795 Views)

Really, try a different browser.  That's the best suggestion you can give.  You are truly useless.  Why not suggest try a different cable provider, that would certainly solve my problem.  WHERE IS THE XFINITY PLAYER I NEED TO PAY XFINITY????????????????????????????????????????????.  Xfinity is truly awesome, awesome junk.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 10 of 16 (789 Views)

the xfinity player is just a modified version of microsoft silverlite. 

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 11 of 16 (788 Views)

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 12 of 16 (764 Views)

Like it never happened Don't have an answer Just delete the customers post

Comcast support is useless.  If they can't figure out your problem ComcastJoe just deletes your post.  This is my fourth time posting.  Where do I find the Xfinity player I need to play comcast.net on my laptop. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 13 of 16 (761 Views)

My silverlight is up to date.  Do I need to get an old version?

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 14 of 16 (759 Views)

what computer are you using this on, if its a mac your os is most likely the cause, the new version of silverlight needs I think version 10.4 or higher.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 15 of 16 (742 Views)

I am getting the exact same error message across Chrome and IE 9 32 and 64 bit. All browsers and all other software is fully updated, including silverlight, which I just uninstalled and re-installed.

This is an issue on Comcast's end. There was a similar post from last year with the same problem that their engineers needed to fix.

When I access videos via chrome, I'm provided a silverlight link that is a duplicate install.  When I access it via IE9 there's no link.  Wasted 30 minutes of my time on this.  Please resolve.

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: Not Installed My public IP address: 24.14.163.82 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 23 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.97 Safari/537.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.5 R31 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (364 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Jan 08 2013 22:21:19 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Tue Jan 08 2013 22:21:18 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 16 of 16 (735 Views)

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. Then download and install Silverlight from the appropriate link below:

Windows users 

This is a patched version that fixes most video playback issues and gets you out of the "Please install/upgrade Silverlight" loop.

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe