Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,467,371

members

16

online now

1,692,167

discussions

Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Member Since: ‎07-08-2012
Posts: 1
Message 1 of 26 (8,487 Views)

Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program but I keep getting the same message that the plug in has crashed and the program must close.

25 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Member Since: ‎08-11-2011
Posts: 6,908
Message 2 of 26 (8,463 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing


Charity1912 wrote:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program but I keep getting the same message that the plug in has crashed and the program must close.


Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

 

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Member Since: ‎07-18-2012
Posts: 1
Message 3 of 26 (8,436 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

I am having same issues.  below is information.  silverlight works when watching netflix but not xfinity tv.  My Device Information My Zip Code: 60098 My Cable Provider: Comcast My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: Nules, berra My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.193.107.177 My operating system: Windows - undefined My web browser: Firefox 14 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled
My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, g, ak, cb, ch, ar, aw, e, aj, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, bk, br, bo, bt, cc, f, m, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
Posted by
Official Employee

Member Since: ‎08-11-2011
Posts: 6,908
Message 4 of 26 (8,427 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing


ortiz2790 wrote:
I am having same issues.  below is information.  silverlight works when watching netflix but not xfinity tv.  My Device Information My Zip Code: 60098 My Cable Provider: Comcast My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: Nules, berra My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.193.107.177 My operating system: Windows - undefined My web browser: Firefox 14 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled
My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, g, ak, cb, ch, ar, aw, e, aj, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, bk, br, bo, bt, cc, f, m, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False

What video(s) are you watching?

 

What message are you getting when Silverlight crashes?

 

Can you also try a different browser and let me know if it works. Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Member Since: ‎05-27-2012
Posts: 18
Message 5 of 26 (8,361 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

So Silverlight plugin is once again crashing on any premium program I try to play.  Hulu stuff plays fine.  This is stupid that this keeps coming up over and over again.  No error messages other than "The silverlight plugin has crashed your browser.  Tried three different browsers - same results. 

 

My Device Information My Zip Code: 23060 My Cable Provider: Comcast Richmond Orig Rbld Digital My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.125.248.226 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Jul 26 23:35:12 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Thu Jul 26 23:35:20 EDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, a, y, bq, bx, ce, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, br, c, bo, cj, bt, cc, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Posted by
Official Employee

Member Since: ‎08-11-2011
Posts: 6,908
Message 6 of 26 (8,352 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing


cgrainger01 wrote:

So Silverlight plugin is once again crashing on any premium program I try to play.  Hulu stuff plays fine.  This is stupid that this keeps coming up over and over again.  No error messages other than "The silverlight plugin has crashed your browser.  Tried three different browsers - same results. 

 

My Device Information My Zip Code: 23060 My Cable Provider: Comcast Richmond Orig Rbld Digital My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.125.248.226 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Jul 26 23:35:12 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Thu Jul 26 23:35:20 EDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, a, y, bq, bx, ce, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, br, c, bo, cj, bt, cc, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True

Try going to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Tablet PC Input Service. Make sure the service is started and set to automatic.

 

Let me know the results.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Member Since: ‎05-27-2012
Posts: 18
Message 7 of 26 (8,337 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

I did that, although I'm not running a Tablet PC.  It was set to manual.  I set it to Automatic, and restarted it.

No change.

 

I once again uninstalled every shred of previous Silverlight installs, including running regedit and hunting them down.

 

Then I reinstalled the one new version you said to run (5.1.10516.0) "again".

 

The Silverlight plugin still crashes in IE9, Chrome, and Firefox whenever I try to play content from HBO (and probably other premium content).

 

Getting really irritated with this whole process.  What the heck is going on?  Last time we had to wait for a new version, and it took a while.  Now we have an "unsupported version" you tell us we have to run, and it still doesn't work.

 

 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Member Since: ‎05-27-2012
Posts: 18
Message 8 of 26 (8,228 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

Hmmmm. Wonder if anyone is going to reply.  It's STILL BROKE.....

Posted by
Official Employee

Member Since: ‎08-11-2011
Posts: 6,908
Message 9 of 26 (8,213 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing


cgrainger01 wrote:

Hmmmm. Wonder if anyone is going to reply.  It's STILL BROKE.....


Do you have any anti-virus software installed?

 

Do you have any ad or pop-up blocking plug-ins installed?

 

What specific videos have you tried and how far in to the video is it crashing at?

 

Thanks,

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Member Since: ‎05-27-2012
Posts: 18
Message 10 of 26 (8,206 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing


ComcastJoe wrote:

cgrainger01 wrote:

Hmmmm. Wonder if anyone is going to reply.  It's STILL BROKE.....


Do you have any anti-virus software installed?

 

Do you have any ad or pop-up blocking plug-ins installed?

 

What specific videos have you tried and how far in to the video is it crashing at?

 

Thanks,

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Yes, I have Norton.  However, it has been on my computer since day-one, and the Silverlight issuye only started in the last few weeks or so.

 

I have four different browsers I have tried.  Two have ad blockers, two do not.  All four used to play xfinity videos.  Now none do.

 

All "Premium Content" causes a failure of the Silverlight plug-in.  All standard content plays fine.  This happened earlier this year and xfinity finally got it fixed.  It has happened again - and you have not.

 

I have sent my information in an earlier email, and I have made numerous attempts at "purging" my system of any vestiges of the Silverlight install, and only installing the one you folks said I had to.  It has all been a waste of time so far.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Member Since: ‎05-27-2012
Posts: 18
Message 11 of 26 (8,072 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

So do I ever get a usable response???

Posted by
Official Employee

Member Since: ‎08-11-2011
Posts: 6,908
Message 12 of 26 (8,051 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

Hi all,

 

Are you in full screen mode when trying to watch these videos?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Member Since: ‎05-27-2012
Posts: 18
Message 13 of 26 (8,047 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

No0, I am not.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Member Since: ‎05-27-2012
Posts: 18
Message 14 of 26 (7,931 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

Hellooooo.  I'm still here and it's still broke!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Member Since: ‎05-27-2012
Posts: 18
Message 15 of 26 (7,929 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

Below are some of the error messages from Windows.  Does this help at all????

 

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 9.0.8112.16447, time stamp: 0x4fc9cd53
Faulting module name: coreclr.dll, version: 5.1.10516.0, time stamp: 0x4fb318ee
Exception code: 0x8013150a
Fault offset: 0x000475eb
Faulting process id: 0xe54
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd75d78b58d16b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Silverlight\5.1.10516.0\coreclr.dll
Report Id: d16f78a2-e1ca-11e1-8dbd-c86000a3170d

 

Application: iexplore.exe
CoreCLR Version: 5.1.10516.0
Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 58BC75EB (58B80000) with exit code 8013150a.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Member Since: ‎05-27-2012
Posts: 18
Message 16 of 26 (7,928 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

My Device Information My Zip Code: 23060 My Cable Provider: Comcast Richmond Orig Rbld Digital My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.125.248.226 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Aug 14 23:30:15 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Tue Aug 14 23:30:04 EDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, a, y, bq, bx, ce, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, br, c, bo, cj, bt, cc, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Posted by
Official Employee

Member Since: ‎08-11-2011
Posts: 6,908
Message 17 of 26 (7,914 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing


cgrainger01 wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 23060 My Cable Provider: Comcast Richmond Orig Rbld Digital My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.125.248.226 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Aug 14 23:30:15 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Tue Aug 14 23:30:04 EDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, a, y, bq, bx, ce, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, br, c, bo, cj, bt, cc, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True

I am looking into it still. I will update you if I find anything.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Member Since: ‎08-15-2012
Posts: 1
Message 18 of 26 (7,877 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

I had one or two silverlight crashes previously, but as of this afternoon it is consistently happening in all of my browsers (IE9.0.8112.16421, Google Chrome 21.0.1180.79 m and Firefox 14.0.1)  every time I play any of the HBO Rome series (havn't tried anything else yet).  I did notice that Microsoft pushed down a bunch of updates to my machine today and forced a reboot.   It's a long list of updates which I am happy to forward the screenshots, but there doesn't appear to be a way of adding screenshots.

 

My Zip Code: 94131 My Cable Provider: Comcast My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: Living Room My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.103.8.249 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 21 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.79 Safari/537.1 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 R31 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Wed Aug 15 2012 20:27:33 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Wed Aug 15 2012 20:27:10 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: Bw, S, D, Al, Ci, Bi, Bj, Bh, A, Y, Bq, Bx, Ce, Cd, Cf, By, Bu, At, Bs, Cb, Ch, Ar, Aw, E, Aj, Cg, Bz, Bm, Au, Bl, Bv, B, U, Bp, Br, C, Bo, Bt, Cc, F, M, H, Ad, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Member Since: ‎05-27-2012
Posts: 18
Message 19 of 26 (7,793 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

It's another week later.....

STILL looking into it ??????

 

Feel like I'm communicating with a robot.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Member Since: ‎08-19-2012
Posts: 2
Message 20 of 26 (7,737 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

Why dont you guys get a Mac and duplicate the problem so YOU can figure it out. Hulu, Netflix have zer issues. Hire their guys to set up your software! This is annoying!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Member Since: ‎05-27-2012
Posts: 18
Message 21 of 26 (7,656 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

Hellloooooo?  Anyone at Xfinityy/Comcast listening????

Posted by
Edited on
‎08-24-2012 10:01 AM

Official Employee

Member Since: ‎08-11-2011
Posts: 6,908
Message 22 of 26 (7,645 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

[ Edited ]

cgrainger01 wrote:

Hellloooooo?  Anyone at Xfinityy/Comcast listening????


We have found that Silverlight crashes in fullscreen using a Mac but we can not find any issues with Silverlight and Windows yet.

 

Uninstall Silverlight from your computer and try downloading an older version of Silverlight from here:

 

Silverlight 4

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Member Since: ‎05-27-2012
Posts: 18
Message 23 of 26 (7,627 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

That was not a valid link to an earlier Silverlight version

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Member Since: ‎11-12-2009
Posts: 1
Message 24 of 26 (7,623 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

Silverlight 4 did the trick for me. I had to download it from File Hippo. Good Luck!

Posted by
Official Employee

Member Since: ‎08-11-2011
Posts: 6,908
Message 25 of 26 (7,601 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing


cgrainger01 wrote:

That was not a valid link to an earlier Silverlight version


Please try the link again. I updated it.

 

Sorry,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Member Since: ‎10-28-2012
Posts: 11
Message 26 of 26 (7,039 Views)

Re: Microsoft silverlight keeps crashing

I'm using Windows 7I've run into the same problem and was able to work around the problemI've found that I'm able to get things working properly by installing the latest version of Firefox, installing the latest version of flash player, and downgrading Silverlight to version 4.1There seem to be problems with using Silverlight version 5 and problems with using IE browsers (which suck for many other reasons).

 

Comcast customer support is useless (sorry Joe but it's true) ; hopefully you'll find this helpful and they'll wake up.

 

http://www.silverlight.net/downloads ( you need to uninstall version 5 before installing version 4)
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/