Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Mobile App Sigh another Comcast Lie

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Mobile App Sigh another Comcast Lie

I bought a brand new droid phone and after many many many months of watching the add (on my local programing no less) for the Xifinity mobile app I bought this phone with a list of 5 reasons to spend the extra money. I called customer service before and after and was told that it should work in all areas by now.

I get home last night charge my brand new phone and as soon as it charges sit down and install the app 1st message that pops up "no supported DVR found" so I us the live chat support feature (figure it would save time) and while the hold time is less wasnt very helpful.  So I called support and alls they chould tell me is I should just be able to swap box's and it will work and told me I chould goto a service center and buy it and since I know this is a ex time warner area and through experiance (as well as info from techs) I know that comcast doesnt CARE AT ALL about upgrading ex-time warner areas. so I asked how I can verify that I can get it.  They tell me to call the local sales office after 8 in the morning.

I call the local sales office and get a BS line about how comcast took over in 2006 (SIX YEARS AGO) and they are working hard to upgrade it and I should imagine how long that actually takes, well since I have seen comcast light up new areas in months and NOT SIX YEARS, I dont understand.  My father who live a little more then 30 miles from me can use it because they were comcast originally.

Comcast 1 stop lying to your customers really it doesnt take 6 years to do a system upgrade and if your having problems hire me and I will get it done in 3 months (including hand delivering box's to every single on of you customers in the area you hate.  Also STOP advertising a service you dont offer to ALL your customers its completly insulting to pay the same as people that close to me and they have a completly better service.

I'm so tired of this horrible service and today I am looking into swapping into sat. and talking with many of my friend I may move 40+ people in this immidiate area off your service because yet again you have outright told us you don't value your existing customers at all.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Mobile App Sigh another Comcast Lie

Hi

Check this link to see if your boxes are supported. http://www.xfinity.com/help/internet/mobile-tv-app/?xcr=1&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.comcast.com%2Fde...

Since Comcast took over your area I am going to guess you use a Cisco or Scientific Atlanta box and those are not supported yet. I am in a similar service area so those features don't work here yet either.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Mobile App Sigh another Comcast Lie

Thanks I had the link Smiley Happy The point is 6 years is more then enough time for them to have folded us into the fold and do what they should have been doing before the started advertising this service.  We pay just as much as the people that can actually use all the services they offer and that is not right we didnt get a service credit when on demand sucked for years before that finnally changed (Again the same people had it when it was advertised and we got YEARS later)

This is a HORRIBLE business model and maybe should be advertised only to the customers (I just watched the add again and since it doesnt say in any fine print only available in select areas, as well as there OWN technitions saying as far as they know its available everywhere) this is the very definition of false advertising.  I really wish I was actually a person that likes to sue this is a cut and dry case