Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Login

New Poster

Xfinity Login

I have a sister whom I had to give xfinity info because I had sounded too young to an agent of yours, so I wasn't allowed to fix my own problem. Now, she is able to change my info if she wants my account for xfinity hotspots. I talked to one of your agents about this and all they said was to try changing my login. That doesn't at all solve my problem. You guys care very little about security it seems. I personally think you should either have a set pin for the entire account that you must put in before being allowed to change anything, having an authenticator that lets you know of any logins, changes, or attempts from other devices so you could block it. Not relying on JUST the social security but all 3 verification options. As well as when a call happens or a change happens, the primary phone number is notified and is allowed to reset it WITHOUT having to deal with an agent who has no solutions for you.

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity Login

specialsexi wrote:

I have a sister whom I had to give xfinity info because I had sounded too young to an agent of yours, so I wasn't allowed to fix my own problem. Now, she is able to change my info if she wants my account for xfinity hotspots. I talked to one of your agents about this and all they said was to try changing my login. That doesn't at all solve my problem. You guys care very little about security it seems. I personally think you should either have a set pin for the entire account that you must put in before being allowed to change anything, having an authenticator that lets you know of any logins, changes, or attempts from other devices so you could block it. Not relying on JUST the social security but all 3 verification options. As well as when a call happens or a change happens, the primary phone number is notified and is allowed to reset it WITHOUT having to deal with an agent who has no solutions for you.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Login

Hi specialsexi, thank you for reaching out here on forums and thank you for your suggestions.  I would not recommend giving your information out to anyone if by chance you were denied assistance over the phone.  You could either call in again or visit our local Comcast store with a valid ID and they will authenticate your account  with multiple authentication points.  I am showing you were assisted after writing this post, but if you have any further questions please let us know.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation