Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Remove old address from My Account

ANSWERED
Contributor

Remove old address from My Account

When I moved i had my username and email transferred to my new account but not unlinked to my old so When I sign in it defaults me to my old address and account which I have moved from over 6 months ago. I wouldn't really mind but because of this Im unable to pay my bill or see account info using the Xfinity official ap being that it takes you to the primary (old) account only. Also because of this I cannot download xfinity constant guard Norton because it goes off your primary account status which shows I dont have service obviously since I moved from there, so doesn't authorize the download and states I need Internet subscription which I do have under the new account. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Remove old address from My Account

Otero916,

I have escalated your concerns to our National Activation, Security and Repair Department. This department specializes in handling unresolved service issues such as yours. I have included your contact number provided in your account, and if additional information is needed, you may be contacted by a representative within 24-72 hours. If you would like to be contacted at an alternate telephone number, please reply directly to this post.

View answer in context
Contributor

anyone aware of a resolution for this issue?

Problem Solver

Otero916,

I have escalated your concerns to our National Activation, Security and Repair Department. This department specializes in handling unresolved service issues such as yours. I have included your contact number provided in your account, and if additional information is needed, you may be contacted by a representative within 24-72 hours. If you would like to be contacted at an alternate telephone number, please reply directly to this post.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I have this exact same issue with my account going on 3 years now..my old account only had internet and when I moved I added tv..the old account wasn't unlinked at it prevents me from using any online features such as watching tv or shows I am subscribed to and any xfinity app I install only sees my original account
Problem Solver

Hello Verbzz,

I have escalated your concerns to our National Activation, Security and Repair Department. This department specializes in handling unresolved service issues such as yours. If any further information is needed a representative from this department will contact you within 24-72 hours. If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I'm having the same problem. My new address doesn't show up in the my account mobile app and my x1 devices aren't showing up in my profile page. Was on the phone for 2 hours with 5 different people and no one could fix it. This is incredibly frustrating.

Problem Solver

tomdo001,

To view your new account, you will need to link your old account with your new account. I have provided how to Link your account using My Account online:

To Link Accounts

1. Sign in to My Account.
  2. Click Billing and Payments.
  3. At the top of the page, look for Service address | Rename or link another account.
  4. Click on Rename or link another account.
  5. In the new window, click Add an account.
  6. Enter the account number and, if you’d like, create a nickname for the account. Click Confirm.
  7. If you have more accounts to link, you can click Add an account again.
  8. When you are finished, click I’m done.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

This was resolved, Im not sure by who unfortunately. I received a call about a month after posting this letting me know it was fixed. Everyone else was just telling me to link the account or responses that were no help. Youre not capable of choosing your primary account yourself, its just a simple switch but without you cannot use the ap or download norton on a new computer. 

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation