New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Remove devices

ANSWERED
New Poster

Remove devices

How do I remove old devices from my Xfinity TV.

Accepted Solution

Re: Remove devices

RonRichmond45 wrote:

Thanks for your help. I was not clear in my comment and I am sorry for that. I have an old cable box that is showing up on MyAccount app. It is still showing up even though it has been replaced. Trying to find a way to remove it. Thanks.

The equipment usually disappears once the item has been scanned back into comcast's inventory.... it can take a few weeks sometimes before old equipment drops off the list.

If ti bothers you that much, call into Comcast at 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 and speak with a CSR about it....they may be able to bump this up to a higher level of support, but since it is a standard process, they may just let the existing arrangement take its course.

View answer in context
Service Expert

RonRichmond45 wrote:

How do I remove old devices from my Xfinity TV.

See this link for the FAQ on adding/removing devices:  https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xtv-mobile-app-managing-download-devices

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks for your help. I was not clear in my comment and I am sorry for that. I have an old cable box that is showing up on MyAccount app. It is still showing up even though it has been replaced. Trying to find a way to remove it. Thanks.

Service Expert

RonRichmond45 wrote:

The equipment usually disappears once the item has been scanned back into comcast's inventory.... it can take a few weeks sometimes before old equipment drops off the list.

If ti bothers you that much, call into Comcast at 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 and speak with a CSR about it....they may be able to bump this up to a higher level of support, but since it is a standard process, they may just let the existing arrangement take its course.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation