Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household - DVR Manager and mobile apps

Regular Visitor

Re: Unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household - DVR Manager and mobile apps

Re: Unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household - DVR Manager and mobile apps[ New ]

I've been with Comcast for years. I switched one time but found the same problems with other services but worse.

I believe the quality of pride in workmanship has declined in general; regardless of providers. So, sometimes it is what one allows to accept from these services and choose the best provider according to what one is willing to deal with individually. Overall, Comcast employees have pride in the Cable service to the home - but not the contractors. Unfortunately, the majority of the contractors I came into contact were different as night and day then the actual employees of Comcast.

The Comcast employees were the better of the two by far!

If you need assistance in the Internet Dept. that is my main complaint. The employees are overseas and if you can understand their English, "surprise" !  the answers they give you are incorresct. I average couple calls a year, and get so frustrated I want to quit Comcast, lol. Problems giving the wrong information; excessive. For example; one person overseas told me that I had to get a new modem before my computer would work; lol. Wrong answer - nothing wrong with the modem - problems laid in the settings. And the personnel refused to help me in that area because they didn't want to admit they were a novice, they used to have remote access. Whether they still have this option - I don't know. The personnel (foreigners - I could hardly understand) - stated they no longer do that service. Who knows! But believe me; all the providers hire overseas and information and service is extremely bad. I'm no means against foreigners. However, if they supply information to a customer, I believe customers have the right to fluent English for service!

The most part of contractors only  want money. They will come to your house then say they will return - and don't. Yet, they charge Comcast out the blank for their fees, which is passed to us. And, we are still waiting for problem to be fixed. The actual crew and staff of Comcast are extremely polite and efficient in the labor department. So, ask for no contractors for better service!

Good luck for your decision; but personally Comcast has less problems. Direct Tv used to be fantastic, but I heard they switched to overseas too. So; no direct contact with someone who cares and is fluent in English. Personally, except for greed or money issues, I get confused by companies who want your business, but the return benefits overseas and not the American who is out of work. Go figure! Good luck and God's speed.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation