Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Outage

Frequent Visitor

Outage

When there is an outage why doesn't Comcast send a note to everyone in the outage area once the service is restored explaining what happened and what is being done so it does not happen again. Yesterday, Friday, July 22, there was an outage that lasted at least 9 hours, from 2 a.m. to 11 a.m. Nothing was working, no Internet, phone or TV. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Outage

If all your services are out, how would you be able to receive it?

Official Employee

Sorry for the long outage but if you use the mobile my account app, it will tell you when it's off and when it's restored.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

First of all, this does not answer my question. Where is the responsibility of Comcast to its customers to provide them with information. Why did the outage occur and what is Comcast doing to prevent the outage from happening in the future?

Second, not everyone owns a smart phone. My phone is just for calls and texts. 

I would like to know what happened and why.

Problem Solver

Hello Arthur_SF,

There may be a variety of reasons for an outage. Once Comcast technicians and engineers determine the cause, they work around the clock to restore service as quickly as possible. I do apologize, but the only information that is disclosed related to an outage is the expected resolution time. You can also get alerts via text. For a list of text commands, see Using Text Commands in Comcast Alerts to Receive Account Information. I also applied a credit to your account for the time that you were without service. The credit will reflect on your next statement that prints under the Other Charges and Credits section. We appreciate your business and thank you for being a valued Comcast customer.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon