Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Nobody seems to be able to find the "Opt Out" of automatic payments

New Poster

Nobody seems to be able to find the "Opt Out" of automatic payments

I, like others, keep getting thie s message, "Complete 2 steps to finish your account setup." Noone, including myself, seems to be able to find the "Opt Out" of automatic payments.  

Official Employee

Re: "Complete 1 step to finish your account setup"

Hello all, there is an option to opt out of signing up for automatic payments at the bottom of the window. Please opt out of this set up option and the message will no longer appear. What window is ComcastAmir refering to?

Regular Contributor

Re: Nobody seems to be able to find the "Opt Out" of automatic payments

I'm really hoping there's a solution to this, as it's a daily irritation (I check my data usage every day). It now takes up nearly the entire page since it began spelling out the exhortation vertically-- I honestly wonder how Comcast thinks up all these ways to annoy their customers!

Regular Contributor

Regular Visitor

This answer is even more confusing than the problem. 

WHERE IS THIS PLACE TO OPT-OUT???

I am continuously nagged to setup Automatic Payments & to setup Paperless Billing in order to "complete" my account setup. I have been a Comcast Customer for decades. Now I am constantly forced to deal with this page demanding I "complete my account setup". And I cannot find anyway to get rid of this nuisance. I DO NOT WANT TO MAKE AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS & I DO NOT WANT TO SWITCH TO PAPERLESS BILLING!! Do not punish me for this. I am not the only customer that feels this way. Why can't I (& others) find a solution to make this stop?

Your answer on the support forum is vague. "Hello all, there is an option to opt out of signing up for automatic payments at the bottom of the window." Well, I must be blind and/or stupid because I cannot find the opt-out. Where is it?

Furthermore, why should I have to Opt-out. That should be the default setting. Customers should have to Opt-in not Opt-out and it should not be so difficult to find out how to stop this harrassment. 

Somebody at Comcast DO SOMETHING & fix this problem.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation