Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

How would you like to receive your Voice Security PIN? Please select from one of these methods.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 11

I have tried approximately 12 times over the past week to access my account, and I keep running into the page that is titled "How would you like to receive your Voice Security PIN? Please select from one of these methods."  

Then I sit there for 3-4-5 minutes and the page never loads.

Your website is horrid, and I'm seriously considering cancelling my account before it's even installed (scheduled for 9/4/2017).

Hurry up and fix this.

10 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 11

taffastrophe wrote:

I have tried approximately 12 times over the past week to access my account, and I keep running into the page that is titled "How would you like to receive your Voice Security PIN? Please select from one of these methods."  

Then I sit there for 3-4-5 minutes and the page never loads.

Your website is horrid, and I'm seriously considering cancelling my account before it's even installed (scheduled for 9/4/2017).

Hurry up and fix this.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 11

Trying to view a bill online? Sure, just enter your 4 digit voice security PIN. Slight problem, I have no clue what this is. Easy, just request one online.. In normal Comcast fashion, the website doesn't work (see attached screenshot). The three dots on the screen just pretend to be loading, but.. they are not loading. (It's not my internet speed. Tried at my office and get 750 Mbps down). I tried requesting one online a month ago and the website was doing the same thing. Getting this PIN to access my information may possibly be the hardest thing I've ever done. 

Regardless, I've been on the phone for 1 hour and 49 minutes trying to get this taken care of. You guessed it, it's still not taken care of! I was transferred 7 times and hung up on three times. Sales has to transfer you to billing, billing has to transfer you to tech support, tech support has to transfer you back to billing, then they hang up. Rinse and repeat. 

HOW CAN I RESET MY PIN???

I've been trying for years to get Directv but I have too many trees surrounding my house to receive a signal. The sad thing is that I have now been paying to get these trees cut down, partially to get rid of Comast. I've been knowingly overpaying on my Comcast service for 3 years, just to avoid the agony of what I expected to go through tonight. 

Will someone from Comcast, please address this situation (on this thread), as I have Googled this issue, and wasted time on the phone, for far too long and realized there are TONS of paying customers with the same issue. 

I WANT TO RESET MY PIN -------  HOW CAN I DO THIS?   Please, please, please, don't give me the auto generated response of "Call our cusomter service" or "Here is the link to your solution". I've been trying for a month now!!! You can snail mail it. I don't care!! At least have your employees know that you can snail mail it. Not pass me around for almost two hours and ultimately not know how to help.

Capture.PNG
Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 11

I literally just posted the same thing, Rusty. You got the automated response I was talking about at the end. It's a never ending cycle. I've been trying for a month. Calling doesn't work either. I encourage anyone that has access to other providers to do so. I've been a customer since 1999 (I have limited options) and am counting the days until I can leave!

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-My-Account-App/Voice-Security-PIN-Request-MOST-PAINFUL-THING-YO...

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 11

Hi taffastrophe, If you are a new customer this pin will be sent to you 5-7 days after your service is activated and I can look into this further for you.  Please send me a message with your account information (Name on account, address on account and account number).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 6 of 11

Hi rgarrison1031, I apologize for your experiences and I can review this for you. Please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address on account and account number).

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 11

Hi rgarrison1031, I have responded to your thread.

Thank you

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 8 of 11

rgarrison1031 wrote:

Trying to view a bill online? Sure, just enter your 4 digit voice security PIN. Slight problem, I have no clue what this is. Easy, just request one online.. In normal Comcast fashion, the website doesn't work (see attached screenshot). The three dots on the screen just pretend to be loading, but.. they are not loading. (It's not my internet speed. Tried at my office and get 750 Mbps down). I tried requesting one online a month ago and the website was doing the same thing. Getting this PIN to access my information may possibly be the hardest thing I've ever done. 

Regardless, I've been on the phone for 1 hour and 49 minutes trying to get this taken care of. You guessed it, it's still not taken care of! I was transferred 7 times and hung up on three times. Sales has to transfer you to billing, billing has to transfer you to tech support, tech support has to transfer you back to billing, then they hang up. Rinse and repeat. 

HOW CAN I RESET MY PIN???

I've been trying for years to get Directv but I have too many trees surrounding my house to receive a signal. The sad thing is that I have now been paying to get these trees cut down, partially to get rid of Comast. I've been knowingly overpaying on my Comcast service for 3 years, just to avoid the agony of what I expected to go through tonight. 

Will someone from Comcast, please address this situation (on this thread), as I have Googled this issue, and wasted time on the phone, for far too long and realized there are TONS of paying customers with the same issue. 

I WANT TO RESET MY PIN -------  HOW CAN I DO THIS?   Please, please, please, don't give me the auto generated response of "Call our cusomter service" or "Here is the link to your solution". I've been trying for a month now!!! You can snail mail it. I don't care!! At least have your employees know that you can snail mail it. Not pass me around for almost two hours and ultimately not know how to help. 

HI, I combined your posts to the same thread.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 9 of 11

Any update on this? I sent PM with info requested.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 10 of 11

Apologies for the delay rgarrison1031, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 11 of 11

I have exactly this same problem. I need my voice security pin. It says 

How would you like to receive your Voice Security PIN?

Please select from one of the below methods

And there's nothing below and that part just keeps loading and loading for hours and hours and nothing.

This is frustrating.

Don't you have anybody within the entire company capable of figuring out what's going on?