Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

when can i bring my own android phone

New Poster

when can i bring my own android phone

When will it be possible to bring my own android phone to xfinity mobile? (i have two Xfinity LG charge phones)

Official Employee

Re: when can i bring my own android phone

excathedra, thanks for posting. The android BYOD trial has not been announced yet. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I see that you can now bring your own iPhone. Why give preference to Apple with all their proprietary stuff.? When Can I bring my new unlocked Moto?

Official Employee

Lady_Sadie, I'm not sure why Apple BYOD was announced first but I'm sure it's paving the way for Android. We will announce on the forums when the android BYOD trial is ready. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Are there any expectations when BYOD for Android will be available? Like the second or third quarter of the year?
Official Employee

Hello GG00, we are looking forward to having BYOD for Android users later this year. There is no set quarter or date that this will be rolled out, thank you for your patience. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

@ComcastAmir wrote:

Hello GG00, we are looking forward to having BYOD for Android users later this year. There is no set quarter or date that this will be rolled out, thank you for your patience.

Any idea what brands/models might be available (assuming it has the correct network compatibility)?  I am interested in the possibility of bringing my Samsung Galaxy S6 to XM. I would hope you would also go  back as far as the S6, since it came out after some of the iPhones you are currently accepting for BYOD.

Official Employee

Rick1361 wrote: Any idea what brands/models might be available (assuming it has the correct network compatibility)?  I am interested in the possibility of bringing my Samsung Galaxy S6 to XM. I would hope you would also go  back as far as the S6, since it came out after some of the iPhones you are currently accepting for BYOD.

I apologize but this information has not yet been released, but I am confident we will go back at least 3 generations for Android equipment like we did when the IPhone BYOD program was released. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Later this year is still the most specific date I've heard. Thanks.

FWIW, I purchased the LG X Power in July, but I broke it during a trip to China (kudos, btw, to XM for texting me as soon as I was in Japan, China, and Hong Kong to let me know what the data rates would be--always too rich for my blood, but glad to know it was an option). Anyway, I never quite loved the LG phone as much as my old motorola when I was on Verizon, so rather than replace it (or upgrade to a behemoth that won't fit in my pocket--looking at you, Samsung!) I put the sim into a friend's old motorola droid turbo 2. This was before I had verified that XFM doesn't view this as a TOS violation or breach of contract, so I was a bit nervous, but it seemed to work. That was in December. Two and a half months later, I've had fewer issues than I did before the swap--in part because I now have Google Voice back (Evidently it rings about 12 times before google vm picks up--not sure why and not ideal, but worth it) so I'm not missing any voicemails, whereas relying on native vm with XFM was not reliable (Sometimes VM would never pick up, sometimes it wouldn't alrert me to a message for months). 

New Poster

Yeah, I have an AT&T S8 plus that I wanted to bring. It's unlocked. Can I head over to my local XM store to sign up? 

Official Employee

Hi Starcubt, thank you for reaching out but Android devices are not eligible for the BYOD program at this time.

Thank you

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 9 in conversation