Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

porting number from Republic taking forever

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

Got my phone last week, tried to port my number from Republic but got an error. After several calls to support, hours on hold, the last guy said the error was resolved and the request went through. He said because Republic is a smaller company it may take up to 24 hrs for the number to transfer. It has been 2 days now and no word. I tried texting support but they never responded to my question on wait time. Anyone else with experience porting from Republic? How long does it take? Is there something else I should do? Any advice appreciated!

3 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster

Message 2 of 4

Update: I finally logged onto my Xfinity account online and it said my activation is complete. I turned on my new phone (iphone SE) and set it up. I was able to make calls and send text messages but not able to receive anything. This was about 10pm. Around 4am I received a message from Republic that my account was being closed due to my cancellation request. At 6am I tried the new phone again and it was able to receive phone calls and text messages.

In summary, the "10 minute" activation required several phone calls to support and after finally talking to a Tier 1 person who actually knew what he was doing he said the request was completed. It took 48 hours after that for my activation to be complete per Xfinity, but then it took 8 hours after that for my activation to be complete per Republic. For now things seem to be working well.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 3 of 4

I suspect the issue may lie with Republic.  I recently ported my number from Google Fi, and the entire process of porting and activation took less than 10 minutes.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 4

keyo,

I am trying to port my Republic Wireless number as well. 
On the Xfinity site, it had me put in my account number and PIN from RW.
I just used my Phone Number for the Account and my PIN.

Was that what you used as well?
I also "had" to put my home address for my billing information on the Xfinity site because that where they ship to, but my PO Box is where my billing address is.

Just wondered if this is actually going to port from Repubic to Xfinity or how long. I guess it took you 2 days or so?