New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

iPhone X Cringe Worthy Pre-Order Process

Frequent Visitor

iPhone X Cringe Worthy Pre-Order Process

Some things are too good to be true. 

My pre-order was placed on 10/27 at 9:10 EST. On Tuesday, 11/14, I received an email stating my order was being prepared. A couple of hours later I was charged for the pre-order. I thought everything was fine and dandy until I received ANOTHER charge for the same amount showing on my bank statement. I immediately contacted customer service - the first representative told me they weren't seeing any charges so I asked to speak with a manager. The only associate available was Floor Support rep who took over the call. I got my financial institution on the phone line along with the Floor Support rep - the rep advised she could only see one charge on her end while my financial institution showed TWO charges. The Floor Support rep was harsh in her tone and way of "resolving" the issue and addressing my concerns. The Floor Support rep hung up the phone leaving my financial institution rep and I sitting on the line speechless at the lack of professionalism.

To add insult to injury, I have yet to receive clear direction on my shipment date. As today is 11/16 and I have not received an email with my tracking number, I do not foresee my iPhone X PRE-order arriving on the date provided by Xfinity of 11/17 (screenshot included).

Not to mention, the inconsistent direction I have been given from multiple Xfinity Mobile representative via phone and chat options. At one point in time, I was told by an Xfinity rep (via chat) that I would be receiving my phone a week early as I they have restocked their inventory (screenshot included). 

On the phone line with an Xfinity phone rep now  - she's currently advising that I will not receive my order until 12/4, which is over a month since PRE-order on 10/27. This is ridiculous. I also mentioned to her, based on the Xfinity Forum, folks who pre-ordered AFTER me are receiving they're shipment today and tomorrow. Again, very ridiculous. I will be reporting this to the Better Business Bureau asap. 

PLEASE can someone...anyone assist me by providing a resolution for these issues???

Frequent Visitor

Re: iPhone X Cringe Worthy Pre-Order Process

Today is 11/17 - the date my iPhone X pre-order is supposed to arrive. I still do not have a tracking number, still do not have an ETA on my shipment, and I STILL have TWO charges on my bank statement. No follow-up from the Engineering team who is supposed to assist me with my Tier-2 ticket (initiated by an Xfinity Mobile supervisor). Needless to say, I feel justified for filing the BBB complaint yesterday afternoon. 

Frequent Visitor

This has been a nightmare experience. Unfortunately, they were not ready to be a wireless carrier. 

Frequent Visitor

Couldn't agree more! 

Official Employee

Hi Tyler1134, apologies for your experiences when ordering the iPhone X.  I can review this further for you, could you please send me a private  message with your account information (full name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Hi guys - just an update.

It’s 11/20 and still no iPhone X, no tracking information, nor any major progression towards a solution. Also, I still have two charges showing on my bank account.

As you can see above, a rep asked me to private message him regarding the issue - however, we haven’t gotten passed the screening questions so he can access my account.
Frequent Visitor

I am certain I won't be receiving mine on 11/24/17 based on the experiences in the forum. The process leaves a bad taste and is not the way I would want for my customers to start a relationship with the company. I am starting to question whether this switch is worth it based on my experience so far. What happens when you actually become a customer?

Official Employee
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

I just got off the line with an Xfinity supervisor. He stated, the iPhone X is on backorder until 12/4. Smh
Official Employee

Tyler1134, I've posted an update to you via private message. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Mine had no activity until today. Then it went from preparing order to shipped.  My card was charged and around 3pm I received an email with the shipping info . I placed my order on 10/29. I checked the tracking number and it should arrive on 11/24 as promised

Frequent Visitor

I’m happy for you and jealous of you haha. Perhaps I should waited two days to place my order Smiley Sad
Frequent Visitor

Just a FYI guys - ComcastKenF is the best! His expertise, resourcefulness, and willingness to go the extra mile is outstanding! Although I do not have my iPhone X yet, ComcastKenF’s helpfulness and knowledge of the service has surpassed ALL of the agents I have spoken to and chatted with in the past. He is totally renewing my faith in Xfinity Mobile. Thank you ComcastKenF!!!