Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

iPhone 7 RED 128GB MAJOR Issues

New Poster

iPhone 7 RED 128GB MAJOR Issues

We switched from Sprint and up until recently have had no major issues with the Xfinity mobile service. But unless I get my 2 iPhone 7's exchanged for another device, I'm considering taking Sprint up on their offer to return to them for 1 year free service.

Both iPhone 7's are now so problematic with extreme deteriorated performance. This has gotten to the point of having had a fully charged device this morning and the battery draining to 4% within 3 hours and with no usage or running apps!.

Then it takes hours and hours to SLOWLY recharge and gets very hot. So hot its uncomfortable. 

I have to date: Reinstalled iOS 11 fresh and reinstalled some but not all of the apps I used previously.

Done several soft and hard reboots but the the last time I had a difficult time getting the iPhone to accept a cord that would power it.

I keep the port very clean and am fairly tech savvy so I have researched the issues but this particular model is IMHO, a piece of garbage.

Having to reinstall contacts, etc wasn't easy and I lost valuable telehone numbers and messages in this fiasco.

Now the 2nd iPhone is running hot and having battery drain and recharge issues.

I don't know who to contact at Xfinity and getting to the closest Apple store is inconvenient. I don't want to be without a device while waiting for an exchange. NOTE I said exchange for a new phone- I refuse to accept another iPhone 7 since this model has so many issues overall. The only other option for us is to somehow exchange for an iPhone 8? The iPhone X isn't worth the money unless there is an incentive deal but we just want a device that can hold a charge withour fear of it dying quickly and won't overheat. Please help.

Official Employee

Re: iPhone 7 RED 128GB MAJOR Issues

JAGMAN6566, Please call XFINITY Mobile to start the exchange process for a replacement. A replacement will be mailed to you with a prepaid envelope to ship the phone back. Otherwise, you can take it to Apple to do a warranty exchange there. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation