New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

iOS visual voicemail and failed customer service

Posted by
New Poster

Message 1 of 12

Aside from the delay in getting the phone after the product being oversold and under-delivered I have yet to get the visual voicemail on iPhone to work. It has been over a week with repeated calls, chats, and tweets and all I get is "it is still in tier 3". What company decides to open up shop and roll out a mobile service without having it tested and deployed properly? This should be a simple tech fix, apparently the retrieval number is not set up, at least that is what I was told. Who takes a week to look up a simple number and command sequence? First the roll out was flawed, and continues to be flawed. Secondly we are not working with experienced tech support that can provide the answers needed to have a fully operational phone service. I am telling everyone I can not to engage with xfinity until the service is operational and they have competant tech support, which based on comcast reports online is likely going to be a long time. If anyone has suggestions on getting voicemail to work on iOS please share. This is pathetic service and the BBB and FCC needs to take a look at this. 

11 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 12
Did you order an iOS or an android device throught XFM?

If you ordered for example the LG Power, and swapped the card to an iPhone device it is normal visual voicemail is not working.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 3 of 12

iPhone is bought xfinity and sim card used as only been used in the purchased phone. It appears to be something broken on the xfinity back-end based on a conversation I finally had with a competant CSR last night, the first person who offered real help since June 23rd, when the issue popped up. The system and service was poorly rolled out and it shouldn't take more than a week to solve a voicemail problem. Apparently my issue has surpassed T3 support and been moved to engineering. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 12

Interesting. I was told yesterday that T3 was the highest level an issue could be elevated to. The issue has been at T3 for 2 weeks now. It is unbelievable that there is no one in management or with any kind of authority that one can speak to and get answers from. I have been lied to so many times in the last three weeks I will never really believe anything told by Xfinity even once the issue is resolved, if it is ever resolved.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 5 of 12

Count me as another person with a non-fully-functioning iPhone:  no Visual Voicemail (no voicemail at all actually), no VoLTE, and no Personal Hotspot.

Yesterday was the three week anniversary of opening a Tier 3 support case for this, and coincidentally when I called yesterday, I got transferred to  the same pleasant Tier 2 person who opened that Tier 3 case.

She was obviously flustered too when seeing no action taken or notes recorded on that Tier 3 case in her systems (she'd quoted me up to 72 hours for a response initially).  She says she'll call me next week with an update, but obviously I now have little confidence that XM can actually address these techincal issues - heck, it appears that they haven't even looked at them.  (OK, maybe they have, but their internal communication is poor, which leads to near zero customer communication...)

For those that have a working phone - I'm glad for you... And that's my recommendation for anyone who has asked about XM.  If you have a straightfoward activation - you'll be fine, and up and running on the top mobile network in the U.S., for a good price.

But if/when you have an issue - expect it to at best be dragged on for weeks, or at worse maybe never resovled.  This is effectively still a Beta program (but rolled out nationally by one of the largest telecommunications companies, who seems to have brought along a rigid support structure that rigidly assumes it's a problem with the user or phone... and definitely not their perfect systems)

Posted by
Contributor

Message 6 of 12

If you can get into your voicemail by either pressing and holding "1" or calling your own number, but visual voicemail doesn't work, make sure to enable cellular data in Settings. It appears that Visual voicemail doesn't work when cellular data is disabled (even with working Wi-Fi connection).

-albertr

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 7 of 12

I'm in this situation, had an S7 Edge swapped for an iPhone 6S Plus, used the same SIM, no Visual Voicemail how do I fix....Help Please!!!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 8 of 12

I'm hearing this a lot if you had an Android and swapped SIM to an iPhone you will have issues with Visual Voicemail, what is the solution?

How do we ultimately resolve this issue and get Visual Voicemail back?

If your phone registers to there system as an Android then how do you fix that?

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 9 of 12

I ordered the LG X-Power, did not swap the phones/SIM, still have the same voicemail problem other people are having. XM reps seemed not to have a fix so far.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 10 of 12

Now at 8 weeks and 2 days and still have a voicemail issue. "It is a known issue and they are working to resolve it" is the broken record I keep hearing over and over again.

Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 11 of 12
Did you guys having trouble with visual voicemail have Android phones in the past? Did you use Google Voice at all? I know that was the problem when I switched from Android to iOS with the voicemail I'll try and remember the fix.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 12 of 12
Any fix for this yet? I just ordered one today and heard about this visual voicemail issue.