members

online now

discussions

how to get a SIM card

SOLVED
Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 6

I would like to start the Xfinity mobile service.  But the support agent I chatted with today said I would have to buy a whole new phone!  Thats crazy.  I just paid nearly $1000 for the Google Pixel XL phone and thats what I want to use.  Whats the method to get just the SIM card?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 6
Solution
You can’t bring your own phone to XFINITY Mobile. Phones purchased independently or through other carriers will not work with XFINITY Mobile service.By keeping everything in the family, we're able to support all aspects of your XFINITY Mobile experience. And the great news is, we have such awesome phones that you won't even miss your old one.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
5 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 6

nmstough wrote:

I would like to start the Xfinity mobile service.  But the support agent I chatted with today said I would have to buy a whole new phone!  Thats crazy.  I just paid nearly $1000 for the Google Pixel XL phone and thats what I want to use.  Whats the method to get just the SIM card?  

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/115000868288/can-i-bring-my-own-phone-to-xfinity-mobi...

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 6

ComcastAndrew wrote:

nmstough wrote:

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/115000868288/can-i-bring-my-own-phone-to-xfinity-mobi...

I click on this link and get a bad request error.  Why cant you just use english?  

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 6
Solution
You can’t bring your own phone to XFINITY Mobile. Phones purchased independently or through other carriers will not work with XFINITY Mobile service.By keeping everything in the family, we're able to support all aspects of your XFINITY Mobile experience. And the great news is, we have such awesome phones that you won't even miss your old one.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 5 of 6

oooh that don't sound good at all.

Firstly, the link does not work which does not sit well if you trying to get into the cellphone service provider market and secondly, why can't we bring our unlocked phones to you for connection etc?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 6