Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

has anyone in atlanta actually had a positive experience with xfinity mobile?

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

has anyone in atlanta actually had a positive experience with xfinity mobile?

we have been going around and around with xfinity mobile for months now, both with trying to use their byod (we attempted to activate two unlocked verizon iphones that were supposedly compatible with xfinity mobile, the store could not active either phone and blamed it on verizon, which is silly because verizon phones these days are all unlocked if you pay for them up front and xfinity mobile is piggybacking on the verizon network, so this should prevent these type of technical issues), and now with trying to purchase new devices both online and by phone, and we keep getting the runaround regarding our account and absolutely nobody can figure out how to sell us two new phones. has anyone in atlanta actually had a positive experience?

Accepted Solution

Re: has anyone in atlanta actually had a positive experience with xfinity mobile?

Thanks for the response, ComcastKenF.  I was able to activate the other device.  It is showing Xfinity Mobile now.

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

Re: has anyone in atlanta actually had a positive experience with xfinity mobile?

I just bought two devices and activated an account in-store.  First I went to their newly opened flagship store at the Battery.  This store is pathetic to say the least.  Awful customer experience!  There was no crowd at all (no customer today when I walked in).  Almost all of the reps were chit chatting w/o bothering about anybody walking-in.  And boy, do they have any clue about selling phones!  I quickly ditched that place (knowing that it will be a waste of my time there) and went to another store about 2-3 miles away.  I have been to this place before for internet connection issues and had a positive experience.  This store was much better, at least in attending to the customer first and was fairly crowded.  I had to wait for few minutes before I got a rep to talk to.  This guy was decent but lacked much info as regards selling mobile devices.  However I was able to make two device purchases (the store had the model I was looking for) and ported one number.  However when we booted the phone (it was an iPhone 7), it didnt recognize the Xfinity mobile network, and it showed up as Verizon network and the data wasnt working at all.  He tried all tricks (rebooting, changing sim, resetting the phone, swapping the device, etc, etc) but none worked.  He called the 800 number and was on hold for at least half hour but they went through the same things but didnt able to make the phone work.  He tried again with another CS on the phone.  At this time I was tired and went out to grab some food (it was almost 2 hours by this time).  Fortunately somehow they were able to fix one phone and make it to work.  The other one was still showing Verizon LTE; I couldnt stay any longer as it was closing time and I had other appointments, so took the device and walked out.  I still had to figure out the second device.  

In summary, I dont think the reps in-store or at the call centers have any clue on how to set up a device or sell a device or help walk-in customers or are equipped to sell mobile phones. The first store I went, (at the Battery) was a disgrace.  The store itself is well decored and designed, but the staff have a dont care attitude. 

Official Employee

cmouly2, sorry to hear about your experience. Were you able to get the other device working? Is it still showing Verizon LTE? 

ajs0402, I'll follow up with you on your other thread and our private messages. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the response, ComcastKenF.  I was able to activate the other device.  It is showing Xfinity Mobile now.

Official Employee

Fantastic. Post again if you need further assistance. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation