Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,683,394

members

77

online now

1,851,748

discussions

Back to Top

fedex delivery of phone

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 10
270 Views

Anyone have a solution to FedEx delivering ONLY throughout the entire day until 8 pm requiring someone to be at the home to sign, and not giving a difinitive time frame to meet the driver?

9 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 10
228 Views

 

Hi JimmyJoe1, did a FedEx driver leave a notice on your door for the item to be picked up? Have you contacted FedEx to make other arrangements? 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 10
209 Views

JimmyJoe1 wrote:

Anyone have a solution to FedEx delivering ONLY throughout the entire day until 8 pm requiring someone to be at the home to sign, and not giving a difinitive time frame to meet the driver?


I need to repost this link and I hope XM will add it to the FAQ's: 

Learn About Signature-Required FedEx® Delivery Options

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 10
164 Views

Not much one can do when the package is shipped requiring "direct signature". In my case the FedEx driver either failed to ring the bell or rang that for the wrong apartment, so even though someone was home all day the first delivery attempt failed. Called FedEx and was told they could not hold the package because the shipper had requested direct signature. The second delivery attempt came through.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 10
156 Views

shutter8ug wrote:

Not much one can do when the package is shipped requiring "direct signature". In my case the FedEx driver either failed to ring the bell or rang that for the wrong apartment, so even though someone was home all day the first delivery attempt failed. Called FedEx and was told they could not hold the package because the shipper had requested direct signature. The second delivery attempt came through.


Direct signature should be made at the FedEx location where you instruct FedEx to leave the package at. That's the reason FedEx offers this option.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 6 of 10
147 Views

SBM17 wrote:

shutter8ug wrote:

Not much one can do when the package is shipped requiring "direct signature". In my case the FedEx driver either failed to ring the bell or rang that for the wrong apartment, so even though someone was home all day the first delivery attempt failed. Called FedEx and was told they could not hold the package because the shipper had requested direct signature. The second delivery attempt came through.


Direct signature should be made at the FedEx location where you instruct FedEx to leave the package at. That's the reason FedEx offers this option.


That depends on who you talk to. In my case FedEx followed the rule to the letter and refused to hold it for pickup. In that sense the "direct signature" part is more about location than who signs for it. In the past I have had no issue getting FedEx to hold packages for me that required signature, but not direct signature. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 7 of 10
133 Views

shutter8ug wrote:

SBM17 wrote:

shutter8ug wrote:

Not much one can do when the package is shipped requiring "direct signature". In my case the FedEx driver either failed to ring the bell or rang that for the wrong apartment, so even though someone was home all day the first delivery attempt failed. Called FedEx and was told they could not hold the package because the shipper had requested direct signature. The second delivery attempt came through.


Direct signature should be made at the FedEx location where you instruct FedEx to leave the package at. That's the reason FedEx offers this option.


That depends on who you talk to. In my case FedEx followed the rule to the letter and refused to hold it for pickup. In that sense the "direct signature" part is more about location than who signs for it. In the past I have had no issue getting FedEx to hold packages for me that required signature, but not direct signature. 


They didn't follow the rule to the letter from what you said or your request for the package to be held at a FedEx location was not done correctly. Please read this FedEx FAQ's: 

FedEx FAQ's

I'd like to quote this paragraph from the FAQ's:

"If signing the door tag is not possible because the shipper has requested an in-person, direct signature, you may request your package be held for pickup at your nearby FedEx Office location. For FedEx Express® packages, you may also request the package be held at the delivery station"

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 8 of 10
76 Views

Hello, is there anything we can assist with from here? 




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 9 of 10
67 Views

ComcastShane wrote:

Hello, is there anything we can assist with from here? 


Nope!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 10 of 10
64 Views

Perfect and thank you. If you need any further help going forward please reach out to us, we are always here to assist. Have a great night




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon