Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XfinityMobile stole $ and my kids christmas 2017

New Poster

XfinityMobile stole $ and my kids christmas 2017

Here is the message I sent to TOM KARINSHAK because my kids will have no christmas this year. we live paycheck to paycheck and they wrongly took it all on December 21 agreed they were wrong, issued a refund that I won't see for 5-7 business days That is January 2nd!:

Hello, i have been trying to get back my $1020.96 that xfinity mobile stole from my checking account. They posted a refund to my debit card on file yesterday but the charge on my bank account is till processing. So the HUGE PROBLEM is that I HAVE NO MONEY TO GIVE MY CHILDREN A CHRISTMAS. How do I tell two little boys that there is no christmas for them because xfinity stole all of our money and now is going to take 5-7 business days to give it back. Yes, xfinity mobile put on my xfinity mobile account that they have issued a refund on december 21 but that doesn't solve the problem that i don't have money NOW!!!!! I have been given the run around by both xfinity and bank of america on how this can or can not be resolved. bank of america said to do a three way call with xfinity and have them state that it was a mistake and that the money would be released right away. Xfinity rep said they can't do that and that no one in xfinity can talk to bank of america even if i made the three way call, but the xfinity supervisor said to have bank of america call and do the three way call so if they can't speak to bank of america why does it make a difference who does the call? Anyway, the supervisor gave me a refund id number which he said is all the bank is really waiting for anyway. SO i provided bank of america with the refund id number which of course accomplished nothing. THen, the BOA rep said they can't make any outgoing call to do a three way call and I will have to wait the 5 to 7 business days for the charge to drop off the account because xfinity didn't decline the charge and the $1020.96 cent charge is still processing to my account meaning Xfinity is still stealing my money but they have decided that instead of declining the charge they are going to take the money and then give it back. THat is what the BOA rep said is happening. She said that even thought they aren't supposed have charged me they are still charging me and then she supposes that then they will refund what they took instead of them declining the charge in the first place. THe BOA rep said that if xfinity had just declined the charge to begin with it would have automatically have gone away and never posted to my account but because xfinity didn't decline the charge they (You) are essentially still charging me $1020.96 even though xfinity is going to refund it, in bank language, you are still taking my money. So, While emailing Vanessa from your office was pleasant, my HUGE problem is still not solved and my children's Christmas is still ruined because xfinity stole my money. Now, I am wondering when and how Xfinity Cares is going to fix this, because short of my children having gifts under that tree on Christmas morning, there is no other way to fix this and since me and my husband have no money to accomplish that I fully expect XFINITY CARES to show up at my door with a gift card or something before christmas eve 2017 so we can go christmas shopping and so that on December 25th, 2017 my two sons aged 9 and 12 can have a merry christmas with tons of presents to open. This was ILLEGAL , no one had reason, or authorization to charge us for anything, and the timing was HORRENDOUS. I am waiting to see how xfinity really cares. I already left the best phone number to contact me but i will put it here also ( i did put it, my email and my home address but erased it for the sake of privacy for this forum post)(end of message to tom)

So, let's see what happens next, because i have been working on this since yesterday december 21 and this is the second time they took my money for no reason and then we had to wait for it be put back while incurring overdraft fees as a result of their theft

Official Employee

Re: XfinityMobile stole $ and my kids christmas 2017

Hi iamcaprice,  apologies for your experiences. I am showing you worked with our mobile team and per notes this was resolved or an agreement was made. If this is not the case please let me know.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Real sorry to hear what you went thru but it seems that, with all that effort you put out there, y'all (you & Comcast) have reached an agreement. Mazel tov!

To avoid this ever, ever again -- with ANYBODY that wants you to present Plastic to open an account: Go buy either the Walmart Visa or AmEx Serve Card. They are both <$10 to acquire; are both accepted Everywhere (Visa & AmEx... Membership for Everyone!™) and both just as convenient to put $$ onto and take $$ out-of.

Use one of those cards in the future vs EVER using your debit card (The thing DIRECTLY attached to your checking/savings o_O). The most anyone could ever charge to it is the amounts you put there. True Story.
New Poster

comcast phil, they gave me my money back but it was the biggest hassel ever. we didn't have much time to shop for christams and we incurred a lot of overdraft fees that took a lot of our money. mobile offered to cancel my bill that was being taken jan 11 but instead of canceling the jan 11 bill, they cancelled the feb bill which was nice but didn't help when we  looked in our acccount thinking we had enough money to pay our kids tuition only to see that we won't because we weren't expecting to pay a january cell phone  bill becasue we were told it would be cancelled for all the trouble we went through. so we had overdraft, a crazy hectic christmas with much less available funds due to overdrafts and now we will have more overdrafts because of not having enough money to cover tuition which is automatically deducted. Xfinity mobile keeps screwing me. My husband is pressuring me to put us back on verizon, they may be more expensive but they never cost me more than my bill. Now we have to see if we can borrow money to cover the tuition and to buy some food until my husband gets paid next thursday so no, not solved. We are still suffering from this whole mess

New Poster

comcast phil, they gave me my money back but it was the biggest hassel ever. we didn't have much time to shop for christams and we incurred a lot of overdraft fees that took a lot of our money. mobile offered to cancel my bill that was being taken jan 11 but instead of canceling the jan 11 bill, they cancelled the feb bill which was nice but didn't help when we  looked in our acccount thinking we had enough money to pay our kids tuition only to see that we won't because we weren't expecting to pay a january cell phone  bill becasue we were told it would be cancelled for all the trouble we went through. so we had overdraft, a crazy hectic christmas with much less available funds due to overdrafts and now we will have more overdrafts because of not having enough money to cover tuition which is automatically deducted. Xfinity mobile keeps screwing me. My husband is pressuring me to put us back on verizon, they may be more expensive but they never cost me more than my bill. Now we have to see if we can borrow money to cover the tuition and to buy some food until my husband gets paid next thursday so no, not solved. We are still suffering from this whole mess

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation