New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity mobile

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity mobile

Hello, I am very excited for Xfinity mobile to come out. I check everyday. When is it coming out? How do the phones work? What I mean is do you buy them out of pocket or is it like any other Xfinity equipment where you rent it and a small fee is added to your bill? Thanks.
Cable Expert

Re: Xfinity mobile

At launch, there will be an iPhone and phones from Samsung or LG. You'll have to purchase the device. The unlimited price will either be $45 or $65 per month per line up to five lines, with the lower monthly price reserved for customers on Comcast’s “best” X1 video packages, typically those that start around $150 per month. Unlimited talk and text is included and there’s no per line access fee. Only thing I've heard is that it will launch "This summer".  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello, MissaV87. XFINITY Mobile benefits customers by bundling wireless service with Comcast's other XFINITY experiences. With XFINITY Mobile, customers only pay for the gigabytes they use, with the flexibility to easily switch back-and-forth between data options using the XFINITY Mobile app at no cost. We're bringing the service to employees first and plan to make the service available to all XFINITY Internet customers at an undetermined date. At the time of launch, customers will be required to purchase a new device. Phones purchased independently or through other carriers will not work on the XFINITY Mobile network. We will offer many of the most popular devices from Apple, Samsung and LG, including Apple's new red iPhone and the new Samsung GS8. For more information and updates please follow the XFINITY Mobile Twitter handle, @xfinitymobile.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Official Employee

MissaV87 wrote:
Hello, I am very excited for Xfinity mobile to come out. I check everyday. When is it coming out? How do the phones work? What I mean is do you buy them out of pocket or is it like any other Xfinity equipment where you rent it and a small fee is added to your bill? Thanks.

Available now. Details here: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

EVEN IF I HAVE MY OWN S8 PLUS, AND HAVE A BUNDLED PLAN, I CANT USE THE MOBILE PLAN. THEY WANT ME TO SPEND ANOTHER 900 FOR S8 PLUS. I CALLED SAMSUNG AS THEY SAID MY S8 PLUS WILL WORK WITH COMCAST BECAUSE THEY USE VERIZON AS THE PROVIDER, NO BYOP.

Official Employee

bayfisher1958 wrote:

EVEN IF I HAVE MY OWN S8 PLUS, AND HAVE A BUNDLED PLAN, I CANT USE THE MOBILE PLAN. THEY WANT ME TO SPEND ANOTHER 900 FOR S8 PLUS. I CALLED SAMSUNG AS THEY SAID MY S8 PLUS WILL WORK WITH COMCAST BECAUSE THEY USE VERIZON AS THE PROVIDER, NO BYOP.

Apologies. Currently, you would have to purchase a phone from us for XFINITY Mobile service. We have plans to improve that experience. 

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/115000868288/can-i-bring-my-own-phone-to-xfinity-mobi...

Can I bring my own phone to XFINITY Mobile?

You can’t bring your own phone to XFINITY Mobile. Phones purchased independently or through other carriers will not work with XFINITY Mobile service. By keeping everything in the family, we're able to support all aspects of your XFINITY Mobile experience. And the great news is, we have such awesome phones that you won't even miss your old one.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Why does it always seem like XFINITY/COMCAST never wants to give there EXISITING CUSTOMERS A BREAK financially someone has a $900.00 and is willing to switch service and go with their cable provider and you have to purchase the phone from XFINITY , I am sorry but thats just not right Ive been with Comcast for a long time they cant even give their customers that pay on time any specials only new customers and the cable just keeps rising and rising without notice so I AM SURE THERE IS SOMETHING YOUR NOT TELLING US THEY WILL TAX THE PHONE YOU PURCHASE FROM THEM MONTHLY I AM SURE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER i AM SURE THAT $45.00 QUOTE WILL BE MORE LIKE $85.00 BY THE TIME THE BILL REACHES CUSTOMERS..iTS JUST A PAIN HAVING TO SWITCH CABLE COMPANYS BUT SOON....
Contributor

Just buy the LG X Power for $150.

After the SIM activation (number porting or new number) just swap the card inside your S8.

Sell you X Power on eBay.

Easy

Contributor

now thats an answer, wow.