New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity mobile lost my number

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 10
I have spent 8 hours on the phone with Xm reps. I ported my number in from Verizon and XM lost it!!! I have been waiting for a call back from mysterious ‘tier 2’ since yesterday. No call. Ticket numbers 4901262 and 4904338. I have now been without a phone for 2 days. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. I will be contacting a lawyer if I don’t get a callback tonight.
9 REPLIES
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 10

No one is going to call you, but...

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 10
How do I get my number back? It’s my property. The last rep transferred me to ‘legal response team’ to get the number back. He transferred my call to a GD fax machine! Why is Comcast customer service so god awful?
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 4 of 10

Jaramburu wrote:
How do I get my number back? It’s my property. The last rep transferred me to ‘legal response team’ to get the number back. He transferred my call to a GD fax machine! Why is Comcast customer service so god awful?

If you threaten legal action the customer service reps can't help you any longer. Instead, you'll end up dealing with Comcast's legal department which won't be helpful at all. I understand you're frustrated, but you might want to dial it back on the legal threats so you can get this resolved ASAP. 

In my experience, porting numbers usually goes smoothly. When the process fails, it seems like it takes a long time to resolve. Did they give you any explanation?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 10
Yes, the explanation is that they typed in my phone number incorrectly on the first request (the Xm rep read the number out correctly but typed it incorrectly). When that failed they did a port and activate on top of it with the correct #. Totally stupid. What is the purpose of tier 2 support if they don’t actually exist?
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 6 of 10

Hang tight my friend, I'll make sure a corporate employee gets eyes on this today.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 10
Still no call from tier 2 or corporate. Number is lost. Who should I contact? TechCrunch? Mashable? The Verge? All 3 covered XM launch.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 8 of 10

Trying to activate service with XM was the worst experience I have ever had as a customer. 3 days. 8 hours on the phone. No response on the forums. No help from chat. Rude agents. No call backs from the mysterious 'tier 2.' Seriously, what kind of customer service is this, you cannot call Tier 2 directly and they never call back?

And to top it all off, they lost my freaking mobile number!

Never use Xfinity mobile, it is not worth saving $20 a month over Verizon Wireless.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 9 of 10

Jaramburu, I've checked out your tickets and see they are currently being worked on. Please send me a private message with your account number, full name and address so I can give you the status. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 10 of 10
Ken they are 24 hours late responding. Will dm you. Please contact me asap. I’m talking to tech bloggers about this ridiculous experience.