New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity mobile backorders

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Xfinity mobile backorders

I came back to Xfinity on the 5th of November. After my internet and cable was setup I ordered an iPhone x from Xfinity mobile to start service. I was quoted a backordered delivery date of November 24th. I really don't want to have to have a full month of my other service to pay for period do Xfinity backorders ever ship early?
Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity mobile backorders

I would not count on it. And you current phone service has to be active if you intende to port the number to your new service.

View answer in context
Contributor

I would not count on it. And you current phone service has to be active if you intende to port the number to your new service.

Service Expert

Kcs72 wrote:
I came back to Xfinity on the 5th of November. After my internet and cable was setup I ordered an iPhone x from Xfinity mobile to start service. I was quoted a backordered delivery date of November 24th. I really don't want to have to have a full month of my other service to pay for period do Xfinity backorders ever ship early?

FWIW, it may be December before those phones are able to be shipped because of back orders at Apple for the phone.  Comcast will ship them as quickly as they get them, though.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I was wondering the same thing; seeing a lot of other carriers with similar estimated delivery dates (between 11/17 and 11/24) being bumped to this week. Hopefully Xfinity has the inventory to do the same! Has anyone here who didn’t order through Xfinity on first pre order day (10/27) for iPhone X have their phone ship yet?
Regular Visitor

Thanks. Yes I'm aware of the port in process requirements. I used to own a cellular store. I was just curious as to. The rigidity of the date I was given. Thank you for the reply
New Poster

I ordered my iPhone X on November 18th for a backorder date of December 4th. I was advised to look for an email shortly after the order was placed but never received it. After about a week and I still hadn't heard anything from Xfinity I started a chat and was then advised that my order wasn't received lol even though I know full well I placed an order and received an order number. I was then told to place another order well that is when things became more complicated because I was told the following day my order wasn't received but when I advised the representative that I have placed 2 orders and have order numbers for both and I would be saving our conversation, she started doing everything to help. Even though the only resolution was for me to call another department (Sales). Sales showed both orders and I was able to cancel the 2nd order and keep the original. The sales rep I spoke with said he doesn't know why they couldn't help me as they should have and why I never received an order confirmation email was a mystery to him. So wrapping that call up I was hopeful. It wasn't until I called the next day because my gut told me to and it wasn't until then that I was told that you need to call the fraud department and verify some things with them before your phone will ship. I was livid because with all this time of horseplaying with my order we could have verified the needed information but then it started to seem like the runaround. I was told to wait 48 hours to process and if everything checks out my phone will be shipped. 48 hours passed, been verified, never received one email and mobile customer service is sadly uninformed and rude at times. I'm obviously disappointed but ironically I find it humorous and pathetic. I could deal with a backorder date but blatant lies, buck-passing, misinformation, and rude behavior is unacceptable. Oh, my mobile app that I am constantly told to download to keep from bothering service gives me absolutely nothing. How can you take these people serious!

Frequent Visitor

I have gone through a very similar experience.  Place two orders on Nov 24, one order shows delivery date of Dec 4 and one shows Dec 11.  I never received confirmation email or the email with security questions after placing the orders at local store.  On Dec 4, I started reaching out the xfinity through online chat, phone calls, and even store.  None of them was helpful.  It wasn't until I discovered this forum and ComcastKenF told me to call the manual verification department to answer the security questions over the phone.  I did that yesterday, and last night I received confirmation email for one order.  Now my first order (Dec 4) order shows shipping soon.  But my second order (Dec 11) order is still showing backordered.  I still haven't received confirmation email for that order.  My suggestion is that for anyone who hasn't completed the security questions, call them up and do those as soon as possible.

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

Well just to update... After contacting Customer service, I was advised my order was canceled for not answering my verification questions correctly! Well, I have been an Xfinity customer for some time now and that is impossible not to mention I have their equipment in my home. I received an email, stating I needed to call in to verify more questions and although at this point I thought it would only be fair to cancel all services. After all, I am not who I say I am when they call my phone which is the same on the billing account, give them 10 years of addresses, SSN, dates I've moved. I am fed up but someone needed to hear what I had to say and upon calling in I got a representative, in fact, the same representative that asked me the first review questions. He told me that I had answered them incorrectly but upon answering the same question I noticed when he repeated my answers he wasn't saying them right. See, while speaking with Alejandro there was an apparent language barrier. Now I could be grasping at straws but surely my answers were correct as I know who I am and where I've been lol but I had to spell things out for Alejandro which took quite some time. So my order was canceled because Alejandro couldn't interpret my English?! I'm turning in my equipment, I'm canceling my account! How does that sound for cancellations lol? Crappy internet but doable, cell phone and cable at a cheaper rate at ATT and customer service is a little better too so I still win. (wink) (smile)

Official Employee

Frustr8edX0rate, sorry to hear about your experience. If your order was cancelled because of a failed fraud review, you will be able to place a new order in 84 hours. Please let me know if I can assist in anyway--we'd hate to lose you as a customer. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

KenF, I indeed had to place another order on 12/9 and since then I've answered several questions in a reply through my email and over the phone and they were pretty much the same which seems so redundant. Is there a way that you can check to ensure that I will indeed receive my order? Still not sure how my original order was canceled as I answered the same questions with the same answers. If you could help with this process I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Official Employee

KenF, I indeed had to place another order on 12/9 and since then I've answered several questions in a reply through my email and over the phone and they were pretty much the same which seems so redundant. Is there a way that you can check to ensure that I will indeed receive my order? Still not sure how my original order was canceled as I answered the same questions with the same answers. If you could help with this process I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Frustr8edX0rate, sure. We can check the status of your manual review questions. If it passed, then your order will process normally. Let's check it out. Please private message me your full name, address, account number and order number for more help.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.