Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Xfinity mobile asking to run Credit check third time in a month

New Poster

Xfinity mobile asking to run Credit check third time in a month

Short story: Have comcast internet service (as required by xfinity mobile for 5 lines of service). Initially added two xfinity mobile (was approved for 5 lines , have excellent credit score ~ FICO 800). That was Credit check 1. Later went in store to add 3 more lines expecting to be able to add since I was already approved for 5. However turns out another credit check is required since I don't have internet service. But I did have internet service ! Turns out it is because of a old disabled modem on my account. Xfinity mobile system incorrectly inferred that my internet is not active. Because of that I was able to add only 1 line but with a credit check. (This was credit check 2) Now , old modem is purged from my account, and system correctly recognizes that I have internet service, it allows me to port over remaining 2 numbers, but it is asking for THIRD credit check. All within a month's time. Are you able to check history of my account and allow me to port over remaining 2 numbers without credit check ?
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity mobile asking to run Credit check third time in a month

Hello ramdom, yes we will be able to add the line of service to your existing account as long as the credit check was run within the past 30 days. If it has been more than 30 days sense we performed the check then another credit check would be warranted. 

New Poster

but it was less than 30 days since last credit check. how do i add line without credit check ? when i called customer service they got to point of placing order but told me that system is asking for another credit check.
Official Employee

Was the line added within the last 30 days or was your internet services added within the past 30 days? I ask this because if the internet was added within the past 30 days then another credit pull would not be needed, if only the phone was added then another credit pull is needed. 

New Poster

@ComcastAmir wrote:

Was the line added within the last 30 days or was your internet services added within the past 30 days? I ask this because if the internet was added within the past 30 days then another credit pull would not be needed, if only the phone was added then another credit pull is needed. 

line was added within last 30 days. but i had internet for longer. do you mean to say a credit check would be required anytime a line is added (within 30 days or after) ?
New Poster

i am not sure if we are not getting any closer to solution with this back and forth. Do you have ability to check my account and confirm that I have excellent credit from my previous two credit checks and allow me to add additional lines without having another credit check ?

My first credit check was on June 17th when I was approved for 5 lines. Then second was on July 1st. So two checks within last 30 days.

Official Employee

ramdom wrote: i am not sure if we are not getting any closer to solution with this back and forth. Do you have ability to check my account and confirm that I have excellent credit from my previous two credit checks (within last 30 days or so) and allow me to add additional lines without having another credit check ?

If the credit check was run within the past 30 days then another credit check would not be needed. If the inquiry or sale is made on or after the 31st day then another credit check is needed.