Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Mobile - can't set up voicemail

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 6

I'm a new xfinity mobile customer.  Purchased iPhone SE through Xfinity and ported number from Verizon Wireless.  I cannot set up my voicemail.  I get as far as entering the password and confirming it, then get an error message:  "Voicemail Error - Try again later."  I've talked with Xfinity reps via chat and phone.  They have been very polite, and not at all helpful.  The chat rep claimed he was putting in a request for a call back.  When that didn't happen, I called and was told no ticket for call back was entered.

So... now I'm supposedly going to get a call back within 24 hours to 1 week.  I'm skeptical to say the least.  Anyone having similar issues?  Does anyone know of a fix for this?

5 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 6

JMoose1, did your number port over fully? Are you trying to set up your voicemail via visual voicemail or by calling in? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 3 of 6

We are experiencing the same issue. Just got iPhone 8 last week and ported over the number finally yesterday. It was asking the password, and got the same error. Please keep us updated on the solution. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 4 of 6

To OP, I just found out that you have to enable Cellular Data in order to set up voicemail at the first time. It won't work otherwise even though you are on wifi.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 5 of 6

Update - sucof that was EXACTLY the problem... Unfortunately, I had to figure that out on my own after literally 5-6 hours on the phone, 2 complete resets of the iphone, uninstalling and reinstalling itunes on my computer, etc....  After I reset my phone the second time I was able to set up my voicemail.  I realize now that when I reset the phone, the cellular data signal was turned back on, which was WHY I was able to set up voicemail.  (If ONLY someone had asked me that question the first time I called...)

Maybe it's supposed to be obvious.  But, I'm struggling to understand WHY I can't set up a basic voicemail account and access my voicemails the old fashioned way.  I understand I CAN call into my account, enter the password and retrieve messages.  HOWEVER, without cellular data turned on, the iPhone gives no indication that someone has left a message.  The only way to see that is to turn the cellular signal on.  UGH!  I have done a LOT of research on this and haven't come upon a solution yet...

Thanks to those who responded.  Great to have a way to ask questions / share solutions! 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 6 of 6

JMoose1, Thanks for the update! I've visited a few Apple discussion boards and apparently, you cannot download voicemail notifications outside of cellular data. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon