members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Mobile Taxes

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

Hello I'm currently looking to sign up for xfinity moblie. I just want to confirm if the Az Transaction Privilege Tax (monthly) fee and City Transaction Privilege Tax (monthly) is a one time fee because having 60$ taxes every month seems to be crazy. Thank you.

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 4

herbotto wrote:

Hello I'm currently looking to sign up for xfinity moblie. I just want to confirm if the Az Transaction Privilege Tax (monthly) fee and City Transaction Privilege Tax (monthly) is a one time fee because having 60$ taxes every month seems to be crazy. Thank you.

That $60 tax sounds more like the sales tax for the phone. You have to pay the sales tax for the total price of the phone.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 4

Thats true, but be careful because in AZ sales taxes as well as taxes on communication services come in several parts:  county/state tax and separately city tax.  I noticed that I was being charged both taxes on purchases and telecommunications services, even though I live in an unincorporated area.  After jumping through endless hoops protesting this injustice, Comcast eventually admitted that they were pulling their tax rates off of a zip code and therefore charging everyone in that zip code the same tax rate - even though in many cases there are different jurisdictions within.  I got my city tax refunded for the time being, while they work on their tax software.  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 4

I live in Tucson AZ, monthly taxes/fees are 2.57 per month..  First bill was $3.57 which included cost of phone..