New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Mobile Shipping Update

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1 of 47

Due to the overwhelming demand for XFINITY Mobile, shipment of your order may be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience and will expedite orders at no charge once it's ready to ship. Customers who did not receive their expedited order will be credited the $15 overnight fee.  Thanks so much for your patience as we work through the shipping delays.

Follow Comcast Cares on Twitter (@comcastcares) and Like us on Facebook (Facebook.com/Xfinity)

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
46 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 47

So, what about the people, like me, who your system says haven't been shipped, but I have received my phone already???  I got it Tuesday, no one at Xfinity seems to know how  to tell the system to update that I have my phone.  I have tried to get this S8 plus activated for THREE days.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 47
Same here. Bought a second line (iPhone 7) for my soon-to-be wife to use and the system has yet to update and be activated. We have been awaiting for her line to be activated since Tuesday (which is when we got it) and yet no activation has taken place whatsoever.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 4 of 47

got my phone today doesn't even say shipped, now big problem been on phone with them for hours can't get it activated, really don't know if I even want to stay with xfinity now, this may be a hint of things to come , very disapointed

Posted by
New Poster

Message 5 of 47
Now that I have placed my order I hope my number is properly ported in and my service works properly when I receive my phone.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 6 of 47

When will there be an update on shipping? We're all hearing that the warehouse has stopped, is backed up, and/or no phones available.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 7 of 47

Ordered June 20th in the evening, supposed to arrive June 22, nothing still.  I'm trying to be patient, I understand there is overwhelming demand, but REAL estimates of when things will ship will lead to less upset and angry customers.

I've been in touch almost daily via chat to get any available update.  They first told me end of last week, then told me last week it will ship within 72 hours, nothing still.  Yesterday I was told there is a 3-day turnaround so If no email was received by 9pm I should call.  So I call last night and they check it out and tell me the best estimate he could give is it should ship end of this week or beginning of next week.

Yet, my credit card was charged immediately on June 20th, after being told it won't charge until it ships.

If someone told me last week (or even better when I was ordering) there is a 2 week delay, I would've been ok with that, but to tell people it'll be the next day, then within 3 days, then that there's a 3-day turnaround, it gives people false hope, and that can lead to people getting mad, and understandably so.

I think we all know Comcast is not known for their best of customer service, but if they were just to be honest with customers, maybe that could change a little, or at least less customers would call yelling at the poor level 1 reps that can only say what they're told to say...

Food for though Comcast...

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 8 of 47

otis_bartleh wrote:

Ordered June 20th in the evening, supposed to arrive June 22, nothing still.  I'm trying to be patient, I understand there is overwhelming demand, but REAL estimates of when things will ship will lead to less upset and angry customers.

I've been in touch almost daily via chat to get any available update.  They first told me end of last week, then told me last week it will ship within 72 hours, nothing still.  Yesterday I was told there is a 3-day turnaround so If no email was received by 9pm I should call.  So I call last night and they check it out and tell me the best estimate he could give is it should ship end of this week or beginning of next week.

Yet, my credit card was charged immediately on June 20th, after being told it won't charge until it ships.

If someone told me last week (or even better when I was ordering) there is a 2 week delay, I would've been ok with that, but to tell people it'll be the next day, then within 3 days, then that there's a 3-day turnaround, it gives people false hope, and that can lead to people getting mad, and understandably so.

I think we all know Comcast is not known for their best of customer service, but if they were just to be honest with customers, maybe that could change a little, or at least less customers would call yelling at the poor level 1 reps that can only say what they're told to say...

Food for though Comcast...

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I am working with our Xfinity Mobile team now to check on the status of your order. We will make this right. Also, I have shared your feedback above with our Xfinity Mobile leadership team. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 9 of 47

Provherb79 wrote:

So, what about the people, like me, who your system says haven't been shipped, but I have received my phone already???  I got it Tuesday, no one at Xfinity seems to know how  to tell the system to update that I have my phone.  I have tried to get this S8 plus activated for THREE days.

Apologies, how are things working now?  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 10 of 47

Mason5711 wrote:
Same here. Bought a second line (iPhone 7) for my soon-to-be wife to use and the system has yet to update and be activated. We have been awaiting for her line to be activated since Tuesday (which is when we got it) and yet no activation has taken place whatsoever.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. Please let me know if you are still having issues.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 11 of 47

pkirste wrote:

got my phone today doesn't even say shipped, now big problem been on phone with them for hours can't get it activated, really don't know if I even want to stay with xfinity now, this may be a hint of things to come , very disapointed

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. Please let me know if you are still having issues.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 12 of 47

Kjbailey86 wrote:
Now that I have placed my order I hope my number is properly ported in and my service works properly when I receive my phone.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. Please let me know if everything is working now with XFINITY Mobile. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 13 of 47

bbroderi wrote:

When will there be an update on shipping? We're all hearing that the warehouse has stopped, is backed up, and/or no phones available.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I am working with our Xfinity Mobile team now to check on the status of your order. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 14 of 47
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 15 of 47
So I have also had a issue where I ordered my phone June 20 it's actually a exchange rma number 8863 and I have been on the phone with some one everyday day the first week I was told 24 to 72 hours then it will ship .Well it has been 2 weeks still no shipping just sitting in the warehouse according to customer reps processing . But that isn't the only thing I have been mislead to believe numerous times by reps saying your phone should ship Tomm or even better I have been told there would be a credit to my account for the incovenice well no credits were applied .My question is why was.it ok to charge my.credit card and then not be honest and say well your 2 weeks delay also they are shipping it to the wrong address which I also can't understand why if it is still processing in your warehouse why the shipping info can't be fixed and updated this is a buffer mess I am upset about this so much I hope this will all get.sorted out soon I use to brag on you guys but not so much anymore .I guess I will see.if I ever get my phone writhing the next week cus if I don't it will be officially almost a month for me to be waiting on it .
Posted by
New Poster

Message 16 of 47

When did you actually place your order. I am trying to figure our how back log they are

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 17 of 47

Your situation sounds similar to mine. I truly had zero problems placing the order for my original phone and it was shipped and in my hand in two days. Great service! And after I got it, it took 5 minutes via online chat to get it activated.

However, a week ago I decided I wanted to exchange it for a newer iphone model (it would only be 5 dollars more a month payment and I was within my 30 day exchange period).  I talked to a lady at Xfinity Mobile who took my info, gave me a Task number (not an RMA number) and told me that she would be sending my info to Tier 2 and they would CALL ME within 72 hours. After the 3 days, I decided to call Xfinity Mobile back only to be told that I had been given incorrect information.  The girl I talked to should have TRANSFERRED my call to Tier 2 so that they could get my information and handle the exchange, providing me an RMA number to return the phone I have.  He was very kind, and he transferred me to Tier 2. Now I had to sit on hold for about 22 minutes, but finally a person from Tier 2 answered, took my exchange info (the phone I wanted etc), gave me an RMA number and told me the phone would be going out asap.  She also gave me detailed info on what to do to return the phone, every detail I needed to know. I was told I could wait for the new phone to arrive before returning the phone I have.  That was last Thursday.  She told me the only thing I would be charged at time of shipment of the new phone was the $35 restocking fee for the old phone and that I would receive a refund of the payment I had already made on the first phone I got. IMMEDIATELY after we hung up, I got two emails from Xfinity Mobile....one was the refund for the first phone and the second was the $35 charge.  It really happened that fast, I couldn't believe it.  The next day, on Friday morning, I received an email with a tracking number letting me know my replacement phone had been shipped and was scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday, July 5 (no weekend delivery and of course no holiday delivery). Just checked the tracking and it is at my local FedEx scheduled to be delivered to me tomorrow. 

Maybe try calling back, asking for Tier 2 again, and finding out the status of your case. I keep reading here how people are having such problems getting their phones shipped, etc., but I honestly have not experienced any of that. The only problem I had was the misinformation I received from the girl who said I should wait for a call from Xfinity. If she had done her job properly, I would have spoken to Tier 2 immediately and probably have my new phone already.

Sure hope I've helped!

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 18 of 47
Can't Activate My Phone

I am porting in my Google Voice phone number. I received the Xfinity phone yesterday Wed 7/5/2017, delivered by FedEx. I tried to activate the phone since 3:30pm yesterday but the Activation Status Dashboard keeps saying "Your device is being activated". It also says "Est. Delivery Soon" but I actually received the phone from FedEx. I believe the Xfinity system does not recognize the phone has been delivered to me and therefore, the activation can't be completed. Please help!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 19 of 47

SBM17 wrote:
Can't Activate My Phone

I am porting in my Google Voice phone number. I received the Xfinity phone yesterday Wed 7/5/2017, delivered by FedEx. I tried to activate the phone since 3:30pm yesterday but the Activation Status Dashboard keeps saying "Your device is being activated". It also says "Est. Delivery Soon" but I actually received the phone from FedEx. I believe the Xfinity system does not recognize the phone has been delivered to me and therefore, the activation can't be completed. Please help!

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.  I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you directly so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 20 of 47

Thank you! My Google Voice number has been unlocked and is ready for porting out. Also, I am sure I provided Xfinity Mobile the correct PIN of my Google Voice account.

Update (7/7/17): My phone and SIM were fully activated by 7:15pm yesterday. Thanks!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 21 of 47
I placed my order late Friday evening July 7th. My phone arrived Monday July 10th from Fed Ex. I did not select the overnight shipping. Very happy with the speed of receiving my new phone.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 22 of 47

Placed my order online on July 5. It was mailed out with Fexed 2 day delivery on July 6. Received it on July 10 (no deliveries on weekend). Transferring the existent number from AT&T took about 10 minutes. I did enter the incorrect PIN first, but got email right away asking me to correct it. Happy with shipping speed and activation process so far, so put another order for additional line.

-albertr

Posted by
Contributor

Message 23 of 47

Got a third line of service with Xmobile this week. Ordered another iPhone SE on July 10 online. It was shipped on July 11 with Fedex 2day (initially my order was stuck with order verification process, but it was cleared within  a few hours). Received the phone on July 13.

-albertr

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 24 of 47
Well i talked to xfinity customer care yesterday he said he put in a request for a replacement phone that i have and said it would be here either Tuesday or Wednesday. I see the exchange and the 0$ on the account but i haven't received any tracking number or email saying when my new one will arrive...if It comes on time, great but i would really appreciate an update on the order placed.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 25 of 47
Posted by
New Poster

Message 26 of 47
Wow !! that's good to hear, but I'm having the worst luck with these people. I order a not a problem got it within three days but it was not the phone I order so I reorder another one. and now I'm having issues with them processing the order
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 27 of 47
Ok so i placed my ordered the 26th talked to someone everyday since then get told all different stories now told they say their waiting for the money to be released which is funny because the person i spoke to yesterday said it already went through. If I dont have my phones by friday I'll be cancelling my order. It says you wont be charged till phones are ready to ship and its been almost 4 business days.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 28 of 47
Did you ever get your phone?
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 29 of 47

So, I ordered Xfinity mobile on JUNE 14.  Still waiting on a phone to be shipped.  It used to show a phone with an IMEI # on my account page but that has disappeared.  Can't proceed to activate a phone I haven't yet received. I originally received a tracking number, but FedEx never showed receiving the pkg.  Then 3 days later I got an email thanking me for the return (for the phone I never received???) I have chatted 3 times and called once.  They all end up saying be patient and wait.  Looking at other posts in this forum it's obvious some have actually gotten phones and some quite quickly.  What's up?????????  I asked about cancelling the order, but they said I had to first send back the phone that I haven't received?!?!?  AGH!!!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 30 of 47

payment for phone approved july 28th Why hasn't my phone shipped?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 31 of 47
I'm having the same issue! I ordered my phone last Wed. And still haven't received it or even a tracking number. I keep calling they are giving me the run around.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 32 of 47

Guys, it would help if you share the model of the phone(s) you are ordering. I, for one, ordered two iPhone SE's (128GB, gray color) and have received both of them rather quickly. One of them was a refurb (not sure about another one) with prior usage not erased, but that's another story. Maybe Xmobile is running out of stock on some of the models you are ordering?

-albertr

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 33 of 47

i ordered the samsung galaxy 8 orchid

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 34 of 47

Abronson91, did you get an update on the order? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 35 of 47

Hello all, if anyone is currently having any issues with their orders, please let me know. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 36 of 47

I ordered my phone on Tuesday 08/08/17 and have not recieved any type of corrospondence about when it would be shipped my order number is 126484 I need this phone asap as my other service has now lapsed and I have small children in need of medical care in my home. Thank you

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 37 of 47

LaurneDemler, I'll take a look at that order. Please send me private message with your full name, XFINITY account number, and the last four digits of your card on file for assistance. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 38 of 47
LaurneDemler, Have you gotten everything sorted out? Just wondering if and when you got a shipment email and when you finally received your order. How many days did everything take from the time your order was made to received? I placed my order on Friday 8/18 and still no shipment email. I hope this isn't a precursor to what the service will be like Smiley Sad
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 39 of 47
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 40 of 47
Jk6823, I placed an order on 8/19. I finally got an email yesterday from tier 2 asking for additional info to verify my identity. I answered all questions. I never heard anything back so today, I called and talked to 2 different people and on hold an hour all together. Finally I found out that they cancelled my order because my verification answers were wrong. WHAT??!!!! And it took me to call them to find this out!!!! It is MY info from MY account! How can you tell me they are wrong??!!! I was also told that if I place another order, I will be asked the same questions. So I asked him what I'm supposed to do now??? If my answers are true, how am I supposed to ever verify myself???!!! It is sooo irritating!!!! I offered to to provide documentation supporting my identity but he seemed like it wasn't good enough. I'm at a loss. Never have I been through anything like this!!!
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 41 of 47
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 42 of 47
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 43 of 47

Cbmoore, I've responded to your other post. We will continue there. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 44 of 47

Hello all, 

If you need additional assistance pertaining to orders or anything else regarding your Mobile service at this time, let me know.

KenF

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 45 of 47
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 46 of 47
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 47 of 47