New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Mobile Fraud Account

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity Mobile Fraud Account

I have been trying to close a fraud xfinity mobile account that someone opened under my core xfinity services.  I got a call back in June welcoming me to xfinity.  Once I called I was informed it was fraud and it would be closed in 72 hours.  It's since been almost 5 months and the issue is still not resolved. I have contacted mobile several times and have gotten nowhere.  What else can i do?

Contributor

Re: Xfinity Mobile Fraud Account

Are you still being charged? Go online to your state’s attorney general office and see if you can file an online complaint. I’d have to guess that xfinity mobile is severely understaffed and undertrained and this is falling in between the cracks. That is no excuse but still it needs corrected. 

New Poster

My Xfinity account -- used for cable and internet -- was hacked not once, but twice.  Two iPhones were ordered on it the first time, and even after I went throught the reporting process, three iPhones were ordered on it the next time.  I was told this is happening quite often.  It's astounding.  I also informed them that I never, ever, want to use Xfinity Mobile, and that I never asked to open an Xfinity Mobile account.  I asked them to close my Mobile account, but I can still get to all of the account information, and nothing there says that the account has been closed.

Thankfully they didn't use one of my credit cards to order the phones.

I also had to wait on hold for 30 minutes to report the fraud the second time, even after I was forwarded to a special call center I was told had been set up because this had been happening to so many Xfinity customers.  The banks I've been customers of when card info has been stolen were sensible enough to get people right through to a support person in fraud cases.  Not Xfinity.

Official Employee

Beemer328, have you submitted a claim via  https://www.xfinity.com/IDTheftclaimform ? mgear1, did you do the same?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Most Valued Poster

Can anyone say thank you very much Equifax?  Smiley Sad

Contributor

amazing Fraud Case even with a hacked internet , I had to go through many personal questions 

that couldnt have been found by a hack , it fraud is getting worse ,,, hence all the hoops we have

to jump through now , which shippers are forced to make us do

New Poster

Yes ive done everything requested. 

Official Employee

Yes ive done everything requested. 

Beemer328, good. Have you also been in contact with our customer security assurance team? They'll be the one to conduct the investigation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

No it just contiues to go into a black hole and i get bounced around. Candidly it doesn't seem like Xfinity is set up to handle the request as it's a new product.  I've been trying to close the account since July. 

Official Employee

Beemer328, they can be reached here: 1-888-565-4329. 

Did you ever speak with them? Did you get a fraud ticket number? Did you file a police report?

In the meantime, you can private message me your full name, account number and address so I can request for the XFINITY Mobile account to be reviewed by our fraud team in XFINITY Mobile. 

KenF

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I just got sent 4 iphone 8 plus. Do i keep them? I wasnt charged all they told me was that it was fraud