Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Mobile Android Voicemail app stopped working

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 7

When I first got my Galaxy S8 for Xfinity Mobile, the voicemail app that it came with seemed to work just fine, and I was able to listen to, and read a transcribed copy of, messages that arrived. Then around the beginning of the month, when starting the app I could briefly see my list of messages, then that would be replaced by a screen reading, "Oops! Uh-oh! Looks like there was some trouble with your account. Not to worry. Please contact Support and we'll get this cleared up right away!" and provides a "Call Support" button. When this button is tapped, a call is placed to 215-845-5845, which goes to a recording saying it is a non-working number.

A call to Xfinity Mobile help elicited no solutions. I have since installed the Youmail app and am using that instead, identifiying the underlying phone network as Verizon (which it is). That seems to work well for me now. I am posting this here as a suggestion, for others struggling with the Xfinity Mobile Voicemail app.

6 REPLIES
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2 of 7

I've never had problems with the XM Voicemail app on the LG V20 US996. I just left a voicemail from another phone to check after reading your post. It works well for me. I'm running XM Voicemail app version VVM-R1.6.3. I suggest you remove (uninstall) the update then reinstall it.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 3 of 7

I tried reverting the update that was applied to the Xfinity Mobile Voicemail app, and now the app simply shows a screen with the words "Please download the XFINITY Mobile Voicemail application for them Google Play Store". But when I go the to Play store, it says the app is already installed. In other words, Xfinity Mobile Voicemail seems like a dead-end at the moment.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 4 of 7

When the update of a system app was removed, the Install button would still be labeled as Installed. You need to click on it to start the installation again.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 5 of 7

Ah, well, I didn't need to, the app was automatically updated after a restart, and now the Xfinity Mobile Voicemail app again behaves exactly as described in my initial post. So it appears there is no fix for the bad behavior as yet.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 7

Now at 8 weeks and 2 days and still have a voicemail issue. "It is a known issue and they are working to resolve it" is the broken record I keep hearing over and over again.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 7 of 7
Same probleme here. I tried to contact them thru messenger, text and phone
3 weeks struggling to reach a competent customer service representative with no success. Something is off. I am ready to suit them for being incapacitated to access important message of a health matter. Email me if you want to pursue legal actions.