online now

discussions

XFINITY Mobile

Posted by
Administrator

Message 1 of 20

2017apr05-press-xfinity-mobile-logo.jpg

**UPDATE 07/11/17**:

Effective today, July 11, the XFINITY Mobile Protection Plan is now open for enrollment. When a customer purchases a new Android or Apple device through XFINITY Mobile, they can enroll in the plan to protect their device(s) against accidental damage, hardware issues, loss and theft.

Please note that the XFINITY Mobile Protection Plan will typically be made available to customers only upon purchase. However, from now until August 11, XFINITY Mobile customers who purchased their devices prior to launch of the Protection Plan will also be able to enroll.

Mobile.PNG

As of May 16, we’re beginning the introduction of our new XFINITY Mobile service to our XFINITY Internet customers.

XFINITY Mobile is a new wireless service designed for the way people use their phones today, with the Internet and data at the center of the experience.

XFINITY Mobile combines America’s largest, most reliable 4G LTE network along with Comcast’s 16 million WiFi hotspots to provide customers with a better wireless experience, for less money, on today’s most popular devices.

XFINITY Mobile is available as part of our XFINITY Internet service and includes:

• Up to five lines of service with no line access fees
  • Unlimited nationwide talk and text
  • 100MB of 4G LTE data per month – shared across all lines
  • Data options that are simple and affordable, allowing customers to pay By the Gig or for Unlimited data on each of their lines:
    • By the Gig– $12 per GB of 4G LTE data is shared across all lines on an account each month.
    • Unlimited – The ability to consume all the 4G LTE data you want for one set price of $45 per month (limited time offer); regular price is $65 per month.

To sign up for the service and learn more about the value that XFINITY Mobile offers, customers can now visit xfinitymobile.com or call 1-888-936-4968    . XFINITY Mobile will also be available at our XFINITY Stores soon.

If you have any comments, questions, or concerns about this service please post in the XFINITY Mobile board.

All updates will be posted here. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
19 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 20
Posted by
New Poster

Message 3 of 20

buyer beware, delays in getting devices shipped out, phones not configured properly, and horrible tech support in getting problems solved. stay with current provider until kinks worked out. 

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 4 of 20

Also no WiFi Calling or Texting on Galaxy S8s......so if you don't have great service in your home or place or work stay elsewhere until resolved....It's a shame, neat idea for service.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 5 of 20

TheMarf wrote:

Also no WiFi Calling or Texting on Galaxy S8s......so if you don't have great service in your home or place or work stay elsewhere until resolved....It's a shame, neat idea for service.

I have the Galaxy S8 and I have no issues anywhere I'm at. Sorry to hear you have issues. Have you tried to reboot the phone?  

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 6 of 20

The issue isn't with the phone or with the service.  My issue is with the lack of being able to call or text over WiFi.  This is a basic feature the major carriers have which is extremely beneficial for people like me who live in old buildings that aren't cell service friendly.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 7 of 20

My Galaxy has been making calls and recieving texts over wifi.  Try calling tech support.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 8 of 20

How much service do you have when sending calls/texts over wifi?  Please try disabling your mobile network and send a text using only WiFi.  I have no service in my house and I am unable to text via WiFi.  Every article I have found has stated there presently isn't any Wifi Calling/Texting for Xfinity mobile and in order for it to work it has to be supported by the carrier.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 9 of 20

Good luck reaching their support.  I have tried texting and waiting on a phone for 20 minutes.  Have not had any luck.  I got the S8 and the phone seems fine but I had .9 GB of data the first day of use.  Largely due to android setup which was done at the Comcast store.  It's fun watching people come in there and seeing the anguish.  Misery loves company and Comcast has plenty for all.  You just have to wait for it.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 10 of 20
Posted by
Contributor

Message 11 of 20

looks like Bixby voice used 377BB of my monthly 1 GB allotment.  I can't find any in support to listen to me and they have no way for me to share what I see on my phone in the settings for data usage.  SmartSelectImage_2017-08-08-08-21-13.pngSmartSelectImage_2017-08-08-08-29-57.pngSmartSelectImage_2017-08-09-16-24-54.png

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 12 of 20

TheMarf, we do not support WiFi calling at this time, however this feature will be coming in the future.

terrydh, are you looking to disable Bixby since it uses data? If you open the Bixby app and then go to settings, you can toggle off Bixby voice. Additionally, if you are not looking to use the GB data program, you can disabled your data settings. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 13 of 20

I am NOT looking to disable data or Bixby for that matter, albeit somewhat useless to me.  Maybe I will get used to him or her or it.  I was sitting 20 feet from my wireless router the whole time I was using the phone.  It should have not been directing all this stuff over LTE for heaven's sake.  Tell me why it used LTE.   I did see an option in settings that said said use LTE when your wireless connection is unstable which I have set to NO NO NO.  I want to KNOW when large amounts of data are being transferred to or from my phone via LTE and NOT have that happen ever again.  I used less than 100mg a month on verizon for a long time using wireless transmission only.   Comcast was not prepared for this business.  It's like a grocery store deciding to sell CARS!  Maybe there is a better Analogy, but that's my veiw.  Like Amazon selling Groceries.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 14 of 20

Dear official comcast employee, why does calling involve DATA?  I don't understand why you would mention that?  

Posted by
Contributor

Message 15 of 20

I forgot to mention I was connected to a wireless router at my home on your cable network.  

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 16 of 20

Dear official comcast employee, why does calling involve DATA?  I don't understand why you would mention that?  

terrydh, another user on this forum was asking about WiFi calling which is a feature that would allow you to make phone calls over wifi when carrier signals are not strong (ie basements). 

I was sitting 20 feet from my wireless router the whole time I was using the phone.  It should have not been directing all this stuff over LTE for heaven's sake.  Tell me why it used LTE

I cannot say as to why your phone was using data while connected to WiFi. I suggest going through the settings of your applications to make sure that personal data isn't ranked over Wi-Fi in background applications. Additionally, I suggest disabling your data while connecting to Wi-Fi to prevent this from occurring. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 17 of 20

Does a phone call use DATA on your plan?  I really Don't care about that.  I want to know why an application like BIXBY would be using 377 megabytes of data ?!  And another 313 was consumed by something called Remove apps and users.

what on Gods once green earth is that and why is going to cost me ?????????????????  Does comcast see this stuff in there data?  It's not a lot of money and I just want answers so I can be a smart consumer going forward.  I don't wnat to have to become a cell phone guru to use this phone.  Your last post assumes a lot of knowledge I may or may not have.  That' not a good thing for someone giving advice to do.  It may all be transparent to you cell technology guru's but I am just a simple consumer trying not to spend money foolishly.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 18 of 20

terrydh, it is possible that BIXBY is using app data in the background when you weren't connected to the Wi-Fi. 

It sounds like the issue is behind background apps. You will have to go through each of their settings to terminate them from running. 

I want to help you as best as I can! I personally disabled my phone's data capabilities so my phone is forced to connect to Wi-Fi. I can walk you through those steps: 

• From the Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps.
  • From the Home screen, navigate: Settings icon > Data usage> Data usage settings.
  • Tap the Mobile data switch to turn on or off 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 19 of 20
Posted by
New Poster

Message 20 of 20
Worst experience ever. This company is in no way affilated with Comcast. I signed up in May and the first thing I asked about was protection plan for the phone I was purchasing. They apologized and said they were not offering protection plans at that time, but that they would be in the future. A friend of mine signed up a couple days ago and he got a protection plan for his phone. So I call them up and they didn't have any of my updated information that Comcast had regarding my new home. They tell me that they had some promotional thing going on that ended on the 14 th of this month and claim they are unable to help me even though no one ever told me about this deal. Never once have I been able to pay my bill all together like advertised and the fact I can't video call nobody really blows. I should have stuck with Verizon.