Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Will At&t note 8 work on XM/Verizon

Contributor

Will At&t note 8 work on XM/Verizon

So I have a note 5 from at&t that i decided id hold onto no matter what even after dumbing at&t. So today i head to a store to buy a note 8 which is supposed to arrive thursday. 

I dropped my note 8 once again but this time so bad the screen is shatter and coming off completely. I check out my insurance options and lo and behold, im able to swap it for a note 8 for only $112. I obviously agree so now my questions is can i use it on xm?

I know the answer is most likely no but im no expert....wireless bands and such

Contributor

Re: Will At&t note 8 work on XM/Verizon

1) Xfinity Mobile does not currently have a BYOD plan so you can't brig that phone into this service at this time. Maybe later this year they will allow this.

2) Even if you could BYOD, I believe that an AT&T or TMobile branded phone, even when unlocked  doesn't physically have the correct radio bands to work on Xfinity Mobile. A Sprint branded phone might work, a Verizon branded phone would almost certainly work.

So, in summary there are two things in your way - company policy and hardware compatibility.

Contributor

BYOD does actually work but just isnt officially supported. This has been confirmed many times here and bby the community rep for XM over on reddit.

I figured the second obstacle could be the case but i wasnt sure if the note 8 was amongst those phones with these restrictions, but i did expect it

Problem Solver

Actually, all of the US carriers new Samsung Galaxy phones have the hardware capability to support all US bands.  Your (potential) issue will be if the AT&T Note 8 is carrier (SIM) locked to AT&T.  If so, then you will have to request an unlock code.

Official Employee

elie2wins, I got your private message. I'll respond to you there. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon