Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

WiFi calling frequent drops and call failed issues

Frequent Visitor

WiFi calling frequent drops and call failed issues

With quite frequency, my partner and I are both having dropped calls using WiFi calling from our home. We have poor cell signal at our address so we require this feature. We switched from TMO to XM. We never had issues like this using the feature on TMO.

Why is XM WiFi calling so flaky like this?  Is it the service? I noticed others complaining about this issue on the Verizon forums. Not happy!

Frequent Visitor

Re: WiFi calling frequent drops and call failed issues

Same here... not sure the cause but it’s a pain. I have 100mbps downstream and probably 20 up so bandwidth isn’t the issue. And I’ve reset my modem and router...
Official Employee

DreamSayerZ, are you also having issue with connectivity outside of wiFi calling on other devices? I

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I experience the same problem, which has made wifi calling unusable. When a call drops, a look at this screen shows that XM Wi-Fi has been replaced by Xfinity Mobile. Failures happen even when I am stationary and within 5 feet of my router (very strong wireless signal).

20180510_161432000_iOS.png

New Poster

Did anybody find solution to this problem? We live in an area with weak cell reception and wifi calling was our lifeline. Since we shifted from Verizon to Xfinity, we are having this persistent problem where calls are getting dropped or calls fail very frequently as a result of xfinity mobile dropping from wifi calling mode

Frequent Visitor

I called Comcast to see if anyone was working on this problem. No one is. Not enough people have called to complain about it, so Comcast isn't aware anyone is having a problem with WiFi calls dropping.

New Poster

I am having similar issues, not just at home but when I'm out an about.  It's very annoying when I have to end a call, disable wifi calling and redial to reconnect.  Perhaps there is an effort underway to collect information about this issue?  I hope so.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation