New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

WiFi Calling Fails to Validate Address

ANSWERED
Contributor

WiFi Calling Fails to Validate Address

Just switched to Xfinity mobile, ported two numbers from Verizon, two phones, 6S and SE (both supported), running IOS 11.2.5, carrier settings fully updated, phones power cycled multiple times.

WiFi calling will not accept my correct address. I am able to get to the settings in the phone to enable WiFi calling but when inputting the E-911 address the address is rejected. Multiple addresses have been tried with the same result.

Xfinity has a major problem in accepting addresses when setting up E-911 address. The representative in the store was unable to resolve the issue. Representative on Xfinity support was unable to resolve the issue. It has supposedly been transferred to level 2 support which means very little. Somewhere the Xfinity system cannot recognize a proper address, or any address.

This needs to be resolved as it is an advertised feature. Advertising a feature that cannot be delivered is false advertising and is really frowned upon by the regulators. I would suggest Xfinity get someone with some intelligence, some knowledge of the system, involved and get this resolved.

If the situation is not resolved I will abandon Xfinity and return to Verizon. I need WiFi calling. I don't need false promises.

Accepted Solution

Re: WiFi Calling Fails to Validate Address

WIFI calling finally worked on my phone. Xfinity did something to resolve the issue.

View answer in context
Official Employee

raythompson, thanks for posting. I've seen your private message and will follow up with you there. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved:

Contributor

What I understand here is that if you port your number from Verizon then you have to wait for your billing cycle to complete.  After that your number will completely fall out of their system and then WiFi calling can be setup.  My billing cycle completes tomorrow so I should know over the weekend if WiFi calling works after the billing cycle completes.  I'll post back again over the weekend.

Regular Visitor

My Verizon billing period ended 3 days ago and I still can't register my 911 address (iphone 6 and SE)

Frequent Visitor

I get the same error message about address invalid when trying to activate WiFi calling. I ported the line from Verizon. My other Verizon phones work correctly. I have iPhone 6sPlus phones. I have been to Xfinity store and they could not figure it out. I need this to work as I am a Registered Nurse that is on-call 24/7. Please help as soon as possible.
Official Employee

We are aware that some customers are having issues with WiFi calling. At this time, a sim card replacement is no longer the fix for this issue. We are working with our engineering teams for a fix. In the meantime, I will reach out to you all so that we can address your Wifi calling issues individually as each issue are not exactly similar. 

KenF

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Hopefully some high level people in the organization are aware of the issue and are prioritizing a resolution. Get the propeller heads working on the problem. Surely someone is competent enough, and has management support to get to a resolution. 

Official Employee

Hopefully some high level people in the organization are aware of the issue and are prioritizing a resolution. Get the propeller heads working on the problem. Surely someone is competent enough, and has management support to get to a resolution. 

This is now a known issue affecting some customers and our engineers are working on it. 

KenF

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Yeah, whatever I heard about a ported Verizon line falling off the account after the billing cycle wasn’t true at all. I still can’t get WiFi calling to activate because of an error validating the address.
Contributor

Lot of bogus information on solutions. None work. There is a serious problem in xfinity's system that is not allowing addresses to validate. Either remove the requirement or just let any address validate until the real root of the problem is located. Some clueless clod in the system failed to set an option, missed a database connection, or is just flat out incompetent. Hopefully xfinity can get some people with intelligence working on the problem.

This is a non-trivial issue. Advertising a feature, then said feature not working, is fraud. After a couple more weeks I will consider filing a complaint with the FCC and FTC about the failure to deliver an advertised product feature.

New Poster

I had the same issue after porting my number from Verizon a week ago to XM.  Unable to validate address no matter what I entered for Wifi calling.  I had a support ticket escalated to Tier 2 last Friday and today I got a message that that the issue had been escalated to an 'outside agency' for resolution within 72 hours.  I tried again this afternoon and it actually works now.  WIFI calling accepted my home address without issue and I see XM Wi-Fi on the phone.  I'm not sure if they had to contact Verizon or not but somebody finally figured it out. Keep on them! 

Regular Visitor

Mine still won’t verify my address. 

Frequent Visitor

I just got xfinity mobile a few days ago. It’s not working for me and my wife either! There sending us new SIM cards now. But they said if that doesn’t work then we will need to get new phones! Any update???!
Contributor

I just tried to turn on Wi-Fi calling tonight and suddenly it works. Maybe they fixed something on the backend finally? Hopefully it’s working for some of you now.
Regular Visitor

It says above that new sim cards aren’t the answer. What gives?

Regular Visitor

I just tried it and it works. Hallelujah!

Frequent Visitor

Mine also started working.   Yesterday also marked the completion of a full billing cycle since porting away from Verizon.   I tried in the morning, and still had the error message in validating my address, however last night I tried - and was able to successfully activate my wifi calling.  

Frequent Visitor

No luck yet. I gues I’ll try these new SIM cards when they get here. I’m also struggling to connect to my WiFi at work. But I can connect to any other WiFi
Contributor

WIFI calling finally worked on my phone. Xfinity did something to resolve the issue.