Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Why credit check is hard pull?!!

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

When I ordered Xfinity Mobile online it asked to run credit check, stating it's will not impact my credit score. And I also called a customer support who clearly told me it's going to be soft pull.

But today I checked there is already 1 hard pull on Equifax, and because my first order didn't succeed(because of Xfinity's issue), I made a second try (which runs the credit again!), so I guess there will be 1 more hard pull!!!

Can anyone help to remove those hard pulls? I wouldn't have allow that if I know it's hard inquires. Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 4

tjlvtao wrote:

When I ordered Xfinity Mobile online it asked to run credit check, stating it's will not impact my credit score. And I also called a customer support who clearly told me it's going to be soft pull.

But today I checked there is already 1 hard pull on Equifax, and because my first order didn't succeed(because of Xfinity's issue), I made a second try (which runs the credit again!), so I guess there will be 1 more hard pull!!!

Can anyone help to remove those hard pulls? I wouldn't have allow that if I know it's hard inquires. Thanks.

There is no way to remove a hard pull. It's happened to me before when I purchased a new car. Stupid sales and finance people said it wouldn't be a hard pull -- I specifically asked them whether it was going to be a soft or hard pull. They assured me it wouldn't be a hard pull. But of couse it eneded up being a hard pull. It's still on my credit file -- hasn't dropped off yet. Once they've run a hard pull, it'll be there PERIOD. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 4

tjlvtao, Lakino is correct. Hard pulls cannot be removed. Apologies for the confusion on our end. Some XFINITY Mobile Customers do have to go through a credit check process to qualify for service and these are hard pulls. 

While we cannot remove the pull, I can submit a request to have it masked. Please send me a private message with your name, address and account number for help. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 4 of 4

Thanks