Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

When traveling abroad, do incoming calls have a cost?

ANSWERED
New Poster

When traveling abroad, do incoming calls have a cost?

When traveling abroad, if I receive calls from someone in the US do the service rates indicated while visiting (Mexico) for example, apply? Or those rates apply only when I make the call and I’m not on WiFi? 

I read somewhere in this forum, that calls and text messages originated from my phone while abroad and while being on WiFi are free. Is that a true statement?

Accepted Solution

Re: When traveling abroad, do incoming calls have a cost?

I was recently in Europe.. When we landed and I turned my phone back on, I got a message telling me how much calls and text would cost. I received two short calls while I was there and was charged .10 for each..  Both calls originated in Europe, not sure if that made a difference or not..  I also sent a few texts and was not charged for them.. 

View answer in context
Contributor

My advice to you is to call and ask XFINITY Mobile

"International support number at (720) 728-5462.  Standard roaming charges will apply for international calls to this number"

Contributor

I was recently in Europe.. When we landed and I turned my phone back on, I got a message telling me how much calls and text would cost. I received two short calls while I was there and was charged .10 for each..  Both calls originated in Europe, not sure if that made a difference or not..  I also sent a few texts and was not charged for them.. 

Official Employee

Traveller1, correction, calls while using WiFi calling, are done at no cost abroad. If you're using an android device while wiFi is on and you place a call, this isn't wiFi calling--android devices do not have this feature yet at XFINITY Mobile. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

correct, unless you have a google voice number and the GV (or hangouts) app loaded.. If you have that wifi calling works great on android..

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation