Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Voicemail not working in any capacity

Regular Visitor

Voicemail not working in any capacity

We have 4 lines between 2 separate accounts and the voicemail is not working at all for any of them. People can't leave us messages, and when I dial into the voicemail I get the "welcome to Verizon wireless, your call cannot be completed as dialed" message. I've called tech support 3 times and they've tried reprovisioning the voicemail on all lines and also they've removed the voicemail feature and added it back to see if that would fix it - neither worked.

All 4 lines were using BYOD devices for a period of time, and the voicemail for all 4 worked fine for over 2 months up until a couple weeks ago, HOWEVER, I have since switched some/all of the lines back to the original Xfinity Mobile devices that I ordered but the voicemail still isn't working. 

Any thoughts?

Contributor

Re: Voicemail not working in any capacity

Have you contacted customer support to reprovision the lines SINCE you've switched back to your original XM devices?

Regular Visitor

Yes
Regular Visitor

So I tried the voicemail again from the 2 lines that I currently have the XM devices on, and it does work now. I tried them shortly after they reprovisioned them and it didn't work, but maybe the change didn't reflect right away (they said it would take effect immediately). Now I'll switch the other 2 back to the XM devices and reprovision again and hopefully that works. Although I wish BYOD was fully functional.....

Official Employee

Hi Daveo102910, I am glad that you were able to get this feature to work by switching your phones from your own equipment to the Xfinity branded phones. At this point we have a beta trial period in place for our BYOD program, we will extend the program to all users once everything tests out properly. Thank you again for sharing your resolution, please feel free to reach back out to us here if you need any additional assistance. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

So I switched the 2 remaining lines back to the original XM devices and had them reprovisioned almost 24 hours ago, and the voicemail still isn't working....
Official Employee

Daveo102910 wrote: So I switched the 2 remaining lines back to the original XM devices and had them re-provisioned almost 24 hours ago, and the voicemail still isn't working....

I can look into this on our end to make sure your new lines are provisioned correctly for voicemail services, can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, phone numbers, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm having the same issues as Dave, except I've done all the same steps and it didn't work. My voicemail is still not working and has not been working since December. I've been calling and texting tech support with very little to no response.
Regular Visitor

Ours doesn't work on either of our Galaxy s8 that we just bought. It's obnoxious because I finally dialed my phone # and set it up the next week I called my voicemail and had 6 unheard voicemails. I really want the app to work, but so far have found zero helpful tips.
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation