Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Voicemail Not Working

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Voicemail Not Working

This appears to be an issue that both Xfinity Mobile and other mobile carriers have... based on browsing the internet for a solution.

New or ported service when someone calls your phone and it trys to go to voicemail or when you try and set up or access voicemail from your phone you get .. Welcome to the Message Management System please enter the mailbox number you are trying to reach. Respones the mailbox number does not exist...   Now I personnally have spent over 40 minutes on a telephone call to Xfinity Mobile support and about an hour via a chat session with another Xfinity support person and they have not been able to resolve this.  I was told that "Engineering" would be calling me yesterday on my land line... they never did...  For any Xfinity types that might be reading this look for Documentation and ticket number 23719577 from the chat session I had.

As this appears to be an industry wide issue I would hope that someone would document the solution and share it with their Tier 1 support people to stop this frustration and waste of time.

We have reset the iPhone network, removed and reseated the SIM, powered the phones off and on... Support verified the account setting...  This is happening on both of my mobile telephone lines.  Help would be appreciated... and it would be nice to post a solution on this board.... Just my humble opinion. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Voicemail Not Working

Voicemail working as of 5/3018 Xfinity Mobile called and told us that they had reset our Voicemail.

No other issues.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Dbrown400, thanks for reaching out. I got your private message regarding your voicemail issues so I'll follow up there. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I sorry if I'm missing something... your last response was:

Dbrown400, voicemail issues are often tricky and often times no one issue is the same. I have seen your other message and thread and will respond there. I am awaiting your response. 

KenF

Are you waiting on a response from me?   I have not received any correspondance requesting further detail.  There is a bunch of stuff notated in documentation on my account as well as a open ticket 23719577.  If you require additional information please let me know.. As I stated in my private message to you when I reach the Message Management System and enter either of my XM numbers it tells me they do not exist... If I enter my daughter's XM number at the same prompt it asks for a password.  That's telling me I hit the XM voicemail system and my nuimbers are not in there.

Official Employee

Dbrown400--Yes, I sent you a private message asking you to send me your account info (full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential service), so I can check on the ticket and open your account and take a look. Let me know if you didn't get that. I can send you another private message. 

KenF

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Received e-mail from Xfinity Forum ... "Did it solve your problem?"  ... "mark one as an Accepted Solution"

No... Trouble Ticket is still with Xfinity Tier 3 for resolution per private messaging...

Frequent Visitor

Voicemail working as of 5/3018 Xfinity Mobile called and told us that they had reset our Voicemail.

No other issues.

Official Employee

No other issues.

Dbrown400, glad to hear it! Post again if you need anything else. 

KenF

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation