Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Visual Voicemail not working iphone 6s plus

ANSWERED
New Poster

Visual Voicemail not working iphone 6s plus

My Visual Voicemail is not working. I tried to set it up on the iPhone by going to the voicemail tab and clicking on "set up now", but after trying to create a passcode, I get an error message "Voicemail Unavailable. Unable to connect. Try again later."  So then I called my own number from the phone and I was able to set up the voicemail that way, however I'm still not able to get the Visual Voicemail to work on the iPhone nor do I get notification of a new voicemail message awaiting.  Can you help me fix that?

Accepted Solution

Re: Visual Voicemail not working iphone 6s plus

nevermind. It is working now.

For anyone else having trouble setting it up:  I rebooted the phone after setting it up through the IVR/voice line and then I had to turn on cellular data to have it sync. I'm a little disappointed I have to turn on the Cellular data since I was trying to use the phone mainly for voice and text, but I guess it makes sense.  

BTW: my phone is BYOD iPhone 6s Plus brought over from AT&T. I unlocked it a couple of days ago.  Seems to be working as expected now.

View answer in context
New Poster

Re: Visual Voicemail not working iphone 6s plus

nevermind. It is working now.

For anyone else having trouble setting it up:  I rebooted the phone after setting it up through the IVR/voice line and then I had to turn on cellular data to have it sync. I'm a little disappointed I have to turn on the Cellular data since I was trying to use the phone mainly for voice and text, but I guess it makes sense.  

BTW: my phone is BYOD iPhone 6s Plus brought over from AT&T. I unlocked it a couple of days ago.  Seems to be working as expected now.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation