Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unlocked iPhone 7 plus VZW compatible A1661 model unable to port xfinity mobile

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Unlocked iPhone 7 plus VZW compatible A1661 model unable to port xfinity mobile

I've two unlocked iPhone 7 plus A1661 qualcom model (myself and my wife) went to local xfinity store tried to port from ATT. 

Local xfinity store rep entered my phone IMEI to begin to port but they are unable to pass beyond IMEI check. 

But when they entered my wife's IMEI they say it works. Before going to xfinity store when I checked both IMEI

number at verizon wireless website (byod plan link) and it clearly says both are eligible & work with verizon network.

Why xfinity mobile rep is saying they can't port my phone but no problem of porting my wife's. They are saying in

their system unable to pass beyond IMEI window. Trying to force to me to buy new iphone @ xfinity store.

But I'm not interseted to buy any new device when I have good unlocked & compatible iphone 7 plus. 

Any help is appriciated.

Accepted Solution

Re: Unlocked iPhone 7 plus VZW compatible A1661 model unable to port xfinity mobile

@ 

The issue is "my device was with Apple's iOS "beta" image and wife's one is with regular public iOS". As per Xfinity Mobile store rep(new store and new rep) it is not possible to port when a device is in beta image but wife's one is ok.

Due to this it can't go beyond IMEI validation window at store. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Unlocked iPhone 7 plus VZW compatible A1661 model unable to port xfinity mobile

Hi mgjg, thank you for reaching out, Iphone 7 series from ATT are not compatible for BYOD at this time.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

@ 

The issue is "my device was with Apple's iOS "beta" image and wife's one is with regular public iOS". As per Xfinity Mobile store rep(new store and new rep) it is not possible to port when a device is in beta image but wife's one is ok.

Due to this it can't go beyond IMEI validation window at store. 

Official Employee

Hi mgjg, thank you for your update and glad you were able to get this resolved. I have put your comment as the resolution/answer for future customer Help.

Thanks again!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation