Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unlocked LG X Charge

Most Valued Poster

Unlocked LG X Charge

I own a couple of the LG X Charge phones.  I had previous to Xfinity entering the mobile business used an LG K7 with T-Mobile on a pay as you go plan. Since the LG X Charge is a nicer phone with  better features I wanted to move the T-Mobile SIM into an X charge, and maybe sell the LG K7. T-Mobile uses the GSM platform so I wasn't sure if the SIM would work in the X Charge. Xfinity gave me the unlock code no charge. I put the T-Mobile SIM into the X Charge and it asked for the unlock code when I put the code in the phone then went through a security procedure asking for a code number that it texted me. When I opened the text it automatically added the text security code into the security page and once I hit OK the phone re-started itself. Once restarted  Google freaked out telling me that things had changed and it wanted to know if it was OK. 

I then ran some tests sending texts back and forth and making calls and everything worked just fine. Calls, texts all worked fine.  Then I reversed and put the Xfinity Mobile  SIM back in the X Charge and then google really freaked out on all my phones that have google. they all started to beep and get texts and security alerts. I guess the idea of moving different SIM chips with different phone numbers really sets off the security issues. But once reset the X Charges that was unlocked and had the Xfinity Mobile SIM back in worked fine.

Bottom line and unlocked LG X Charge seems to work with both CDMA and the T-Mobile GSM SIMs. 

Official Employee

Re: Unlocked LG X Charge

WindsurfMaui, thanks for your input here. I guess you have additional google security protocols as receiving alerts on all your devices suggest so. Glad you're able to use the phone the way you want! 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

ComcastKenF wrote:

WindsurfMaui, thanks for your input here. I guess you have additional google security protocols as receiving alerts on all your devices suggest so. Glad you're able to use the phone the way you want! 

Nothing special I think. I had my main phone which is an LG X Charge, my back up (insurance) phone which is a duplicate of my main phone set up the exact same way with all the same apps (bought it for $1 in case I lose or drop the main phone) which is the phone I unlocked as the experiment and the T-Mobile phone . All three are Android and signed into my Google account and sync'd to my computer google and gmail account. So once google saw that the SIM chips moved from one phone to another it sent out warning emails and all 3 phones that have notifications enabled started to ring that new emails and alerts were received. It was a little spooky like there was an emergency somewhere. And then it happened again when I put the SIM's back in their original phones. So now I know I can sell or give away my LG K7 because the X Charge can function as a T-Mobile phone if I need it.

Official Employee

WindsurfMaui, cool. The alert sounds like a slight nuisance, but in all actuality, it is a good security protocol to have. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Most Valued Poster

I am impressed that the LG X Charge has the capability to work for both platforms. Another great feature that Xfinity sold us for only $1.

When the experiment was over I checked the unlocked phone to see if if unlocking made any changes that were not easily apparent. I didn't find any. However when looking at the XfinityMobile app I noticed that for this months billing they are only showing the 2 Lg X charge phones that are activated. Not those that are currently not activated. I don't think this has anything to do with the unlocking just a change that the Xfinity Mobile app did that I had not noticed because I haven't used that app recently. I still see all phones , activated and unactivated, in the device section. But they used to show all phones in the billing section and now they are only showing the activated phones.

Official Employee

I am impressed that the LG X Charge has the capability to work for both platforms. Another great feature that Xfinity sold us for only $1.

When the experiment was over I checked the unlocked phone to see if if unlocking made any changes that were not easily apparent. I didn't find any. However when looking at the XfinityMobile app I noticed that for this months billing they are only showing the 2 Lg X charge phones that are activated. Not those that are currently not activated. I don't think this has anything to do with the unlocking just a change that the Xfinity Mobile app did that I had not noticed because I haven't used that app recently. I still see all phones , activated and unactivated, in the device section. But they used to show all phones in the billing section and now they are only showing the activated phones.

Ah OK. The site goes in for maintenance quite often to keep it safe/current so I'm not surprised that you may see some things move around. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

Funny my unlocked lg x charge will not work with T-Mobile data. This is very funny.
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation