Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unlock Phone While Still Making Payments?

Frequent Visitor

Unlock Phone While Still Making Payments?

I have Xfinity Mobile and making payments on my IPhone 8.  I am moving to where there is no Xfinity service so I will not be subscribing to Xfinity Cable or Internet service any longer.  Can my existing Xfinity Phone be unlocked so I can use it with another carrier while continuing to pay off the phone?

Official Employee

Re: Unlock Phone While Still Making Payments?

I have Xfinity Mobile and making payments on my IPhone 8.  I am moving to where there is no Xfinity service so I will not be subscribing to Xfinity Cable or Internet service any longer.  Can my existing Xfinity Phone be unlocked so I can use it with another carrier while continuing to pay off the phone?

Jazee, yes. Also, you can keep your XFINITY Mobile service. If your XFINITY internet account is no longer active you can remain an XFINITY Mobile customer but a $10/month line fee will apply. 

Please send me a private message with your full name, account number, address, and your device IMEI so I can help unlock your device. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Im also moving to a area where this service is not supported and also need to have my phone unlocked
Official Employee

Hello Walzfinest, to be eligible to unlock your phone make sure the following things are true:

• The phone must be an Xfinity Mobile device.
  • The phone must not be reported lost, stolen, or involved with fraudulent activity.
  • The phone must be paid in full prior to requesting the device unlock. If your device is on a Device Payment Plan, it is ineligible for unlocking.
  • The phone cannot be active on another Xfinity Mobile customer’s account.
  • You must have completed and paid for at least one full billing cycle of Xfinity Mobile service following the purchase of a device.
  • Your Xfinity Mobile account must be in good standing. One exception is if you are an active member of the military—all active-duty military personnel are eligible to have their phones unlocked. 

For more information on our unlock policy please click on this link

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation