Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unlock Phone While Still Making Payments?

Regular Visitor

Unlock Phone While Still Making Payments?

I have Xfinity Mobile and making payments on my IPhone 8.  I am moving to where there is no Xfinity service so I will not be subscribing to Xfinity Cable or Internet service any longer.  Can my existing Xfinity Phone be unlocked so I can use it with another carrier while continuing to pay off the phone?

Official Employee

Re: Unlock Phone While Still Making Payments?

I have Xfinity Mobile and making payments on my IPhone 8.  I am moving to where there is no Xfinity service so I will not be subscribing to Xfinity Cable or Internet service any longer.  Can my existing Xfinity Phone be unlocked so I can use it with another carrier while continuing to pay off the phone?

Jazee, yes. Also, you can keep your XFINITY Mobile service. If your XFINITY internet account is no longer active you can remain an XFINITY Mobile customer but a $10/month line fee will apply. 

Please send me a private message with your full name, account number, address, and your device IMEI so I can help unlock your device. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon