Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unable to send/receive any MMS messages on S8--SOLVED!!!!

New Poster

Unable to send/receive any MMS messages on S8--SOLVED!!!!

EDITED AFTER SOLVED:

The problem was the Chomp SMS app.  This issue never occured on Verizon, but it was a simple settings change in Chomp to fix it:

Settings-MMS-MMS Advanced--MMS Behaviour--make sure this is set to SYSTEM and not LEGACY.

Might be worthwhile to leave the original details below in case anyone else has the same problem:

Can anyone please help?  My wife and I switched to XFinity Mobile yesterday and bought 2 Galaxy S8s.  Neither of us can recieve a MMS message on either phone.  Whether we send to each other,or if others send us a MMS, we never get it.  No error or anything when sending a MMS either--it just doesn't seem they're actually sending since the receiver never receives anything. SMS works fine, as does all other data and wifi-related connections.  We almost immediatley receive all SMS messages.

I spoke to support, and they had me do a network reset of both phones but it didn't help.

The XFinity entry is there under Mobile Networks-Access Point Names.

I had Verizon for almost 20 years, and never had a problem at my house sending or receiving MMS messages.

New Poster

Re: Unable to send/receive any MMS messages on S8--SOLVED!!!!

can someone please direct me on how to fix this issue, mms and no apn, i cant send pics or videos

New Poster

Having the same issue here. Started about a week ago. 

Every so often is I continue to spam the Picture/MMS Message, it may go through, but only after trying about 15 or more times.

I'd like to point out my Celluar Data Works, I have reset network settings, checked APN information, power cycled, wiped my phone completely, did not restore any contact information or apps and tried it bare bone factory default,  and run it in safe mode. Nothing works. 

Help.

Official Employee

Hi All,

Do you have an issues when in Safe Mode?

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Note 8 user here, also can't send MMS. Can't view edit or update APN settings. See attached photo.
Screenshot_20180301-193103.jpg
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation