Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Unable to receive call - Call failed

New Poster

Unable to receive call - Call failed

I recently changed my mobile carrier to Xfinity Mobile. Last 2 weeks I constantly see "Call failed" message on phone whenever I try to receive the call. My spouse and one other friend is facing the same issue. This happens on XM wifi as well as regular network. Most times I need to rely on WhatsApp calling while calling other xfinity lines as we can't pick up each other's calls Smiley Happy. We use iPhone 6 & 6s. Any help here?
New Poster

Re: Unable to receive call - Call failed

I continue to have this same problem. Rebooting the phone temporarily corrects the problem, but it begins happening again within a day. I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps that KenF has provided on this forum and it's still happening. This has been going on since wifi calling was introduced. I rely on my phone to run my business from my house. If this isn't corrected within the next month, I am switching carriers.
New Poster

I called xfinity support, they changed something at their end and asked me to reset the network settings. I am able to receive the call now, hopefully it lasts.
Contributor

@rbiyani wrote:
I called xfinity support, they changed something at their end and asked me to reset the network settings. I am able to receive the call now, hopefully it lasts.

Cool! great thing.  Thanks for posting.  Do you have any more details on what they changed? I did have the call failure initially a lot for almost all of the incoming calls but has since reduced a bit.  I re-enabled the Cellular data,  and rebooted.  Not seeing that many "system failure" message but occassionally do.