Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unable to BYOD - iPhone 6s Currently on Verizon / Fails IMEI Validation

Frequent Visitor

Unable to BYOD - iPhone 6s Currently on Verizon / Fails IMEI Validation

Spent (4) hours over the weekend working with Comcast in trying to activate new service on my iPhone 6S.    It appears that the IMEI number is simply not in whatever database Comcast is using to determine device elegibility.  

My phone is currently on the Verizon network.  I outright bought my phone directly from Verizon, but it was replaced by Apple while under warranty.  I've had a conference call with both Apple, Verizon, and Comcast and they were all unable to resolve the issue.

Verizon confirmed that my replacement phone is in their inventory, and confirmed there is nothing that would preclude me from using this under Xfinity Mobile.  

Is there anyone that can help me escallate this matter further, so I can active the service?  

Thanks in advance!

Regular Visitor

Re: Unable to BYOD - iPhone 6s Currently on Verizon / Fails IMEI Validation

Hi bro, I am sorry to hear that we have the same issue (I also posted my issue here)

What you can try is keep going to the shop and ask for help. They may give you a direct call to their technician to go through different ways to try to activate that, even restore the network setting or the whole phone. In my case, it still does not work. Good luck to both of us!

New Poster

I had this exact same issue with 6s+ when I tried to switch to XM on Jan 9. My phone was also an Apple warranty replacement.

After 8 hours going between Apple and Verizon I went back to the Xfinity store upset. The store rep called tech support and the guy was able to add my IMEI into XMs inventory and the line and phone activated fine. My phone shows up as generic iPhone but all calling and data features work fine.
Official Employee

sirbwolf74, when you were at the store, did they get on the phone with support or did the rep call Apple and Verizon during the activation process? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Based on the suggestion from the Tier 2, the Rep told me to call Apple.  Which I did, and who in turned also bridged Verizon onto the call.

The rep unfortunately had to be the "middle man" between Tier 2 support and the call I had going w/ Apple and Verizon.  At the end of the day,

Tier 2 told the rep to keep trying - as it may just work.  

I had also opened up a ticket with Tier 2 yesterday - requesting to get my IMEI number added to the "xfinity" database, but have not received word that this has been completed, or if it's actually headed to the right team for resolution. 

If this is something you could help push along - that would be much appreciated.  

Thanks!

Official Employee

sirbwolf74, sure thanks for that info. Please send me a private message with your full name and account number so I can take a look at that ticket. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation