Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Tier III Xfinity Mobile Support - Porting a Number

New Poster

Tier III Xfinity Mobile Support - Porting a Number

Long story short, I am switching to Xfinity mobile from ATT for my cell service. I received my phone on Friday, September 22nd and when trying to activate the line and more importantly port my existing number from ATT I received an error. I spoke to customer service for well over an hour, and they said they opened a ticket and escalated to tier III. After waiting all weekend, I contacted ATT and they said they had not received a request to port the number and if they did it should work fine. 

Then I finally called back today, Monday the 25th, and after about 45 minutes I spoke to someone who "re-prioritized" my ticket to urgent. Several hours later have still heard nothing. 

Is there no way to contact Tier III directly? It shouldn't take a week to activate a phone and port a number. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Tier III Xfinity Mobile Support - Porting a Number

There is no contact. As far as porting the number over, I had succes using the online chat feature. They WILL need your account PIN for your ATT account. If you did not set one up, it will be the last 4 of your social as default. If you changed it, you hopefully have it written down. If not, then go online and change it now. I'm assuming you tried the activation feature on the XFM dashboard prior to making the phone call?

New Poster

Yeah, Already tried. I even reached out to ATT and confirmed all the details needed were correct. Not sure what the issue is, i am just tired of waiting for the magical Tier II and Tier III people to call me. 

Service Expert
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [personal identifying information]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here. This is a public forum. Anyone from the internet can read posts here. Never post personal identifying information such as full name, address, phone number, or account number in any public forum on the internet including this one. We strive to keep your information private, so if you posted any personal identifying information, your post will be removed and the information edited out and then returned to your thread.

Official Employee

phi266, I can reach out to Tier 3 to check on the status of your ticket. I've seen your private message and will respond to you there. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am having a same exact issue: porting number from ATT. It has been over 3 days (Wed. night - Sat. night) now.. I have even went to the store (after 4-5 times: 20+min. each call with customer service) to switch device/sim card after reading this: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/Be-careful-if-you-re-porting-your-number/td-p/2911707. All they were saying is wait for 24 hours. This is most frustrating experience ever since I had my first cellphone since 1993.

Official Employee

Hello all, porting your number must be initiated at the point of sale. When you sign up for Xfinity Mobile services you're asked if you will need a new number or if you would like to port your phone number over. If you did not select the port option, your phone number may not be eligible to be ported. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, phone number and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" if you have any more questions or concerns regarding your porting status.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I myself am trying to contac t tier 3 have been trying to get an issue resolved for 11 days now with no luck. I bought a note 8 and an s8 + had issues with both . They replaced them and still the same issue with both phones and I get told tier 2 or 3 will call have heard nothing and have made 147 calls in 11 days trying to get this fixed
Let's warn everyone out their to stay way from xfinity mobile
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation