Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

The journey of unlocking my phone...

Frequent Visitor

The journey of unlocking my phone...

As I previously stated, no one from xfinity could help me in the task of activating my new iPhone. This was back in September. I opted to keep the insurance on my phone and make the monthly payments and pay it off. I called last Tuesday to start the process. I was asked why I wanted to unlock it and the agent said “what if I could unlock it for you right now, would you stay with us?” He kept beating around the bush and pushing to keep me. I know this is their job but come on! Haven’t I been through enough torture!
He finally sets up the process and tells me that due to all of the problems with “fraud” they(teir1) are no longer allowed to unlock phones, and that within 3 business days I will get a phone call from the imaginary Teir 2 (that I swear is a magical land that no one has ever seen or heard from, at least in my experience.) So I wait the 3 days and by the 4th day I of course have to call them back once again and tell the story for the 8003838377th time.
First response “I see that you have 1 device, the iPhone 7 Plus *insert meid* , would you like me to activate this now? ..... ........ ........ ........
I mean are we joking??? NO I WANT TO UNLOCK MY PHONE!!! I’m really lost and confused at why when I explain my situation to customer service it seems to just go in one ear and out the other. They don’t even acknowledge what I say or apologize for the inconvenience, they just try to activate my phone. Why would I just sit here with a phone inactive for 6 months?
I got absolutely nowhere with this person, so I got on the chat because I’m trying to be calm and didn’t want to scream at the person who may actually help me for once. Again, after explaining everything to this person, I get “I see your phone is not yet activated, would you like me to activate this for you now?”

I once again state that I could never get this phone activated blah blah blah....

Waiting on her to type....
She magically disappears and a new person joins my chat. So I told him to please scroll through the conversation because it was long and if I have to explain myself one more time I may have a nervous breakdown....(this happens every time I’m in their help chat, i end up with 3 different people in and out...if you have a problem the best thing you can do is call but I’m so tired and desperate at this point..)
He says he got my info and is checking the status of the unlock now.
After about 3 minutes of waiting he types “I SEE YOUR PHONE IS NOT ACTIVATED...WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO ACTIVATE YOUR PHONE AND PORT YOUR CURRENT NUMBER?”

So if there is a special Teir number or corporate number I can call about this someone please help me out here. I don’t know if my previous posts are linked to this one but this whole process has been a nightmare. I call and no one can help, I chat and no one can help. I’ve never seen customer service so incapable of handling an issue. There is an xfinity store about an hour away from me....but can they help me unlock my phone?

If there is a different number besides the 934-6489 please let me know.
Official Employee

Re: The journey of unlocking my phone...

Mfisher1, I haven't come across a time where we unlocked a phone that wasn't activated. The unlock process does require you reach out to the unlock team via email to have the request considered. Have you done that already? 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

When I originally cancelled the service the rep told me it would be no problem. That was my first question to him and he said I could absolutely pay it off and unlock it without being activated. So am I stuck? I have tried to activate my phone several times using three different SIM cards I was sent. None of them worked. So I was told I could just pay it off and unlock it. I’ve tried calling and no one can help me.
Frequent Visitor

And no I haven’t done anything, the guy I talked to the other day said he set everything up and that Tier 2 will be calling me. At that point everything would be taken care of and they would guide me on that phone call on what to do next. So I’m lost at what you mean by emailing them. No one told me
Official Employee

Mfisher1, OK no problem. Let's reach out to Tier 2 support to request the unlock. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation