Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Terrible experience with customer support--refusing my phone package after weeks without resolution.

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Terrible experience with customer support--refusing my phone package after weeks without resolution.

Maybe venting on here a little will get my issue some traction. Otherwise, I'm planning on refusing my phone package when it gets here and cancelling the service without ever getting activated.

Here's the gist of it:

I placed two orders back during the promotional pricing. One online, and one over the phone (because of the website crashing on me). I'd already received an order confirmation for my online purchase. The phone support rep placed the second order for me over the phone and told me I would received a confirmation in the next day or two.

No confirmation ever came. By the time I was finally able to get ahold of a support rep again (due to hours and hours of chat and phone queues), they said that the second order had never been placed, despite the fact that I had gone through the entire purchase process on the phone and received verbal confirmation. I was told that I was only approved for 1 line, so the second order had been cancelled. After several calls/chats to establish that I indeed was eligible for more lines, I was told that I would need to pay full price for the second phone, despite me placing the order originally during the promotional period.

I asked for the issue to get escalated to tier 2. Had I been told that my original order over the phone hadn't gone through (rather than told everything was squared away and I would see on confirmation soon), I would have had time to get the second line successfully reordered during the promotional period. Given the circumstances, I feel it is a simple and understandable request to be sold a phone at the promotional price I originally placed the order for. Apparently that request requires escalation. They were supposed to call me within 48 hours to address my issue.

Fast forward 2 weeks. Still no call, despite attempted phone call follow-up at 1 week. I chatted with a support rep a few days ago to follow up again. She indicated that I had indeed qualified for the phone's promotional price (seeing the order that did go through), and I just needed to place the order and she could fix it. (At least that was what I understood--her English was decent, but still left room for ambiguity.) Trying to clarify if there was a way the promotional price could be applied before I placed the order, she back-pedaled and said that I was actually only qualified for one line... *face palm* That was a solved issue through several previous chats, so I indicated I would just go ahead and place the order at the full price as she had directed me to do and then let her take care of applying the promotional price. It was only after I confirmed that the order was placed (went through without a problem) that she clarified the promotional price would have to be taken care of by the tier 2 team. She told me to chat or call after I'd received the phone (seemed like she still didn't believe me that the order had successfully placed). I received an email confirming that the phone has shipped and it is visible in my account.

After a long chat with a phone rep the next day, Dionel said he was going to do everything he could to get the issue resolved, and that he anticipated I would receive a phone call within the next 24 hours. 48 hours later, no phone call. (Apparently, my original escalated ticket had been closed without anyone ever contacting me, so he had to open up a new one. It was not clear why it was closed without resolution.)

I'm at the end of my rope. I was really excited about the new service and the great price, but this has been a black hole for time with no unified professionalism or continuity from Xfinity support (everyone I've dealt with has been pleasant and tried to help to the best of their abilities, but the overall delivery of customer service has failed repeatedly). Based on my experiences, I really just need someone with a higher level of clearance to work with me directly in order to finally get this resolved instead of simply submitting yet another ticket.

Any traction here? I have two tier 2 support ticket numbers I can supply if that would help. This is my final call for help. Otherwise I'm refusing the package and fighting the restocking fee for a full refund.

Accepted Solution

Re: Terrible experience with customer support--refusing my phone package after weeks without reso...

harts12, this is not the experience I want for you but thank you for posting. I'd like to check on that ticket for the Price lock (honoring the promotional price) and see where are we that. Additionally if you can supply the ticket numbers, your full name, address and account number via private message, that'd be great. 

KenF

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Terrible experience with customer support--refusing my phone package after weeks without reso...

harts12, this is not the experience I want for you but thank you for posting. I'd like to check on that ticket for the Price lock (honoring the promotional price) and see where are we that. Additionally if you can supply the ticket numbers, your full name, address and account number via private message, that'd be great. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

PM sent! Thank you for your help!

New Poster

At least I do not feel alone.  I have had almost the same experiences the past month.  Empty promisses to help, lies about call me back to get  billing corrected as to the contract I agreed to.  After more than 20 years (except for a one week period several years ago) I am at the end.  Is there ANYONE at Comcast that cares enough to keep a long time customer and correct the problems??????? I have my doubts

Official Employee

Got it. It's my pleasure! I'll let you know when I get an update. 

Cheers, 

KenF

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee
Moved:

Contributor

Contributor

My understanding after 29 days now of ongoing issues which I’ve relayed 100x at least via phone & chat and these forums is that unfortunately there is no way to boost traction. Hit and miss. I’ve spoken to enthusiastic newbies, confident supervisors and those endowed with Tier 2 powers and nothing has made one WHIT of difference.

Monitors here on the forums verify ticket numbers, request info and results are nil, unless by coincidence your number was up anyway. (that metaphor is sooo very wrong but I lost my mind weeks ago from dealing with this)

In fact I asked yesterday of one: why the various XFM interactive support methods are touted and exist? when no callback commitments are kept ( 24-72 hours means never basically and someone telling me here that they’ve requested an update for me after I’ve requested an update from them, means nothing and doesn’t move your issue one square ahead on the board) and NO ETA’S ALLOWED are standard operating procedure after the 72 hours are long past -

response was this: 

ed26, I understand your frustrations. At this time, the forums provides informational insight on issues pertaining to XFINITY Mobile. Calling in is the direct way to reach the XFINITY Mobile team. Here, we can answer general questions and offer basic troubleshooting. Beyond that, we can create tickets for our XFINITY Mobile team to either reach out to you directly or fix whatever can't be done here.

I explained 'but I had called in again and again with no results and ultimately only found my way to the forums in complete desperation'. It doesn’t matter.. in fact perhaps multiple tickets throws the tier into ... ?

So here is a place to vent to other people who understand exactly what you going through..  Otherwise

I've gotten XFM communiques here - but no assistance. I wish you the best of luck.

Contributor

Re: Terrible experience with customer support--refusing my phone package after weeks without resolut

Official Employee

Ed26, please stop posting mutliple times as this violates forum guidelines. I know you wish to offer insight to others, but pasting your issue onto other threads is considered multi posting. I will work to help resolve your issue on your thread we have been talking on. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

I did not repost my issue by the way, I posted my experience with customer support as a customer was inquiring here whether this method of support would help get better 'traction' than other means.

But I've had no updates on my own issue - DAY 28 - since YOU mentioned it..but I'm guessing you will get back to me with an update as soon as you have one ?

fyi.. the Comcast Forum Tippy Toppiest Tier just now sent me another badge of approval for that same post. 'the conversationalist badge' Please tell them thank you for me, thx.

Regular Visitor

I realize there are always growing pains with a new venture, and solid costumer support is a struggle for lots of companies even when they haven't just launched a new product, but I think all of us would feel better taken care of if we had an accurate estimate of how long things are going to take. If there's several weeks worth of support backlog for the Tier 2 team, then the first tier team should be informed of that and give an honest estimate of weeks rather than 48-72 hours. At least that makes the support teams just seem understaffed to meet the current demand rather than incompetent or dishonest.

I definitely appreciated all your help Ken (and honestly wish there was an official ansynchronous support ticket system rather than just live chat or calls--it's better suited to keeping people in the loop without wasting the customers time, especially when there's a backlog and support is moving slowly anyway). The magic of having someone actually listen is starting to wear off though as I still haven't been contacted by anyone from the Price lock team. I'll still give them a few more days, but I'm starting to think about just sending the phone back again and cutting my lost time and effort...

Official Employee

harts12, I understand where you're coming from. Thanks for your understanding so far. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

harts12, the price lock team has approved your request. You'll see the credit on your next bill! Post again if you need anything else. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.